Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daughter is rough

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:02 PM
  • 8 Replies

My daughter is three and she's a lovely, wonderful little soul.  But she doesn't realize her own strength - when she runs toward my husband or me for a hug, it HURTS!  Her elbows dig into me when she wants to get down from sitting on my lap.  She's all arms and legs and fists, and she doesn't realize it. Its getting to the point where I wince whenever she's close to me, because she's likely to hurt me without trying to or realizing it.   We're constantly saying, "Be gentle" and "Soft hands" and she remembers for that moment, but then it starts all over again.  Is this normal for her age?  When/how does it stop?  Help!

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
PeaceMuch
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:54 PM
Normal! Just keep remining her :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:02 PM

my son is 3, almost 4 and he's the same, he doesn't realize that digging his elbow into my leg hurts me. lol

LancesMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Totally normal! Keep talking to her she'll get it.

lovinmyboys...
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Try to have her stop, go back where she started, and try it again. Do this every time and she will get tired of having to do it over again and she will be more gentle every time.

katiemomNY
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:01 PM

I have one of those rough girls too, lol.  One day we even thought she may have broken DH's nose! 

bhwrn1
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Totally normal. My middle is 4 1/2 and he's been like this for a while. I just keep telling him he needs to be gentile and showing him how. I hope he'll get it some day!

mollysmummy
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Really good advice - thanks everyone...its also good to know its normal!

Bmama1
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:06 PM
My son is the same way! Ouch!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)