Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you cope with Back to School anxiety?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:33 PM
  • 7 Replies

So the time is almost here where the kids go back to school.

I have one starting preschool, one continuing on in highschool, and one going to college. 

This time of year always bums me out a little as I love having them around. 

How do you all deal with the Back to School blues... for them and for me! 

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
amonkeymom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:00 PM

I celebrate it with them and look forward to what I (and they) will be doing in the next few weeks.

Good luck.

danie24
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:02 PM
Cry, cry, cry!

My 6 year old (oldest) is starting school for the first time.. she's never been to daycare or preschool. I'm so sad but excited for her, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:08 PM

I celebrate the first day. I take my oldest to a special breakfast before school!

PEEK05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:17 PM

No anxiety here, bump.

Elba337
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:55 AM

I am SUPER anxious.  My 4 year old starts pre-school on Monday and I'm just nervous thinking if she's going to want to stay or not.  She's only been to a sitter from when she was 3 months old and has not been around kids her age that much.  I know she's going to be taken care of but I still worry about her getting sick, bullied, etc.

cheapsally
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:13 PM

I know how you feel... it is definitly hard in the beginning but it will get easier! We have to let them spread their wing at some point! You will get more comfortable with it as time goes by! Good luck :)

Quoting Elba337:

I am SUPER anxious.  My 4 year old starts pre-school on Monday and I'm just nervous thinking if she's going to want to stay or not.  She's only been to a sitter from when she was 3 months old and has not been around kids her age that much.  I know she's going to be taken care of but I still worry about her getting sick, bullied, etc.

cheapsally
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:13 PM

The tears definitly flow like a river over here! I want them with me all the time (even at 18)!! 

Quoting danie24:

Cry, cry, cry!

My 6 year old (oldest) is starting school for the first time.. she's never been to daycare or preschool. I'm so sad but excited for her, too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)