• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when did you ditch the..

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:31 PM
  • 15 Replies
high chair... We have one that straps to normal chairs, we stopped buckeling the boys in at fifteen months.. And by two they sat at their own small table
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
montrese89
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:33 PM
I probably stopped using his altogether around 17mos. I also had the one that straps to a regular chair. He now sits in a regular chair at the table.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
COWGIRLinPEARLs
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:33 PM

We ditched the high chair for my 2 year old about 4 months ago. It was his choice to sit in a big-boy chair so why not let him? We haven't had a problem with it at all.

I still make them sit in booster seats and a high chairs when we go out to eat somewhere....I can be responsible for a possible mess at my house, not someone elses place of business lol.

MommyVC
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:36 PM

I moved both boys to a small table at around 2 and it sits right next to the big dining room table.  They behave so much better not strapped into a high chair!  However, my oldest son is almost 3 1/2 and my ex still puts him in a high chair at his house so that he doesn't have to watch him.

LKjoy930
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:37 PM
Ditched the high hair at about 18 months but still use the booster at the table cause we have a high top dining room table and she fits better in the booster. She's 22 months now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoniaL
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:39 PM

I think my other kids moved to a booster at the table around 2.5 yrs.  My youngest is 2 and in her highchair but it attaches to a regular chair and she is pulled up to the table (though still using the tray).  I am personally not a fan of the separate little tables for kids because I think the family should all sit around one table for a family dinner.  

.Angelica.
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:39 PM

at like 14 months or something like that.

BethPrice1345
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Around 2. I don't like the idea of the kids sitting at a seperate table. I think a family should eat around the same table together.

mariesmama
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:43 PM

we stopped at 14 monthes when she started to climb into it

summerbear
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:43 PM

We have the space saver chair. When she can reach the table without it, she will sit at the chair normally.

lfrrll5
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:44 PM

we still use it with straps at 16 months. I will use the high chair till he is 2 and then move to a booster till he is tall enough to it at our table we only use one table 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)