Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bath time!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:35 PM
  • 21 Replies

Do you have any troubles getting your little ones in the tub?

My 19 month old absolutely HATES the bath. I'm not sure what it is but she completely freaks out as soon as she hears the bath running and doesn't stop until she is out. Once she is out she is her happy self again. She used to love the water but the last month it has been a challenge. 

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmyboys...
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Sorry, but my son has always loved baths. I'm not much help here.

army_wifey_06
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:37 PM
Same here..sorry mama!

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

Sorry, but my son has always loved baths. I'm not much help here.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NovaChick26
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:41 PM

my DD went through a phase where she hated taking baths , shes 4 now and Iv been showering her for a little over a year now and she seems to like that. Maybe try a fun bubble bath with your DD , or get her a new bath toy, my DD used to love the bath crayons.

barnwell84
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:43 PM

I have issues getting mine out. 

Traci_Momof2
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Mine have always enjoyed it too.  They've fussed and resisted when it came time to washing them but I just get the washing part done quick and then they are happy as a clam playing in there for a while.

For the past 2 years now they have been taking showers.  We only have one tub in the house and it's not working and we're too cheap to fix it (we have two other showers in the house).  My 4 yo will sometimes whine and complain when it comes time to get in the shower, but then he's also the one to whine and complain when it comes time to get out because he's having so much fun he doesn't want to get out.

sweetmissy_05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:46 PM

No they love baths!

Yomamamel
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:59 PM

Did she slip or get water/soap in her face recently? My DD had both happen (not at same time) and for a week or so after each she hated bathtime.  So I would put her in the tub w/o water and I would stopper the tub.  I filled a large bowl with water for her to play with and carefully washed and rinsed her.  She eventually wanted more water to play with and asked me to turn on the water to refill the bowl and then eventually to fill the tub.  I also got into the tub with her the day after she slipped to give her a little more confidence.  Good Luck!   

CafeMom Tickers
TruthSeeker.
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Sometimes, but only when they are playing and just don't want to stop.

summerbear
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Once the water is turned on, she goes running for the tub! She loves taking a bath!

PEEK05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:16 PM

No

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)