Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Uh oh!!! 2 Cavities?!!!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:59 PM
  • 13 Replies

Macy  my 4 yr old had her 1st dentist appt today & they found 2 cavities 1 in her bottom molar and 1 in the top were getting them taken are of in Sept. But I'm scared on what she's all going to have to go thru...Any other Mommas have kiddos treated for cavities? What did they do gas or a shot? Please help make me feel better about this...embarrassed

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:01 PM

No sorry, bump.

Macysmomma07
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:03 PM

I am soo confused why she even has them we brush her teeth morning & night  :/ but the Dr said it can still happen.

bhwrn1
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Haven't had cavities here...here's a bump.

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:37 PM
My son's two year molars on the bottom developed cavities when he was 4. They were both filled, the dentist used gas. He did great. He has never had any other cavities. But they ended up pulling one of the 2 year molars a few years later because the filling wouldn't stay in and he ended up with a spacer until his adult tooth came in. I was able to be with him. And your dentist is right about sometimes it just happens. Heredity can play a big role in tooth development and strength.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarShy740
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:39 PM
My son has one we re going for an consultent Friday the dentist said we should talk to a pedi dentist
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ametrine
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Just saying...

Some dentists aren't honest.  Think about it, it's easy to say there's a cavity when there really isn't.

Hubby and I both had a dentist tell us we had cavities, and when we didn't make an appt. to get them filled they were upset.  Then we went to a new dentist and (without transferring records) our examinations came out with no cavities.  They somehow disappeared! 

NO LIE.

Get a second opinion before you have your child worked on.  Do it without allowing a transfer of record.  You may find out her teeth are fine.

sofiesmom112
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 2:59 AM

Our 4 year old has a cavity too in her 2 year molar. We have a followup appointment in 3 months. Meanwhile the pediatric dentist gave her a fluoride cavity prevention rinse to use, and a topical treatment for the cavity to use each night. Hopefully that will help prevent having to fill the cavity. He said if they do have to treat it, he can give her a liquid sedative, or have an anesticioulogist on hand. We will see what happens.

ness_uh_0630
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 3:09 AM

my daughter had a cavity in her lower molar last yr and they filled it, yes i knew it was a cavity because i check her mouth and was like hmm that shouldnt be there and took her to the dentist and they confirmed anyways they scraped it a lil and then filled it, my daughter wasnt scared but she didnt want to follow instructions so that is what made her cry but this past check up they said her filling was fractured. now idk how true that is but i do know it was put in hastily and it is possible. but the first time thye didnt give her anything but i know it wasnt in any sort of pain so im sure medication or a sedative was needed

Crazy_Daze
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 3:24 AM

I had my first cavity when I was probably 8 or 10, they gave me a shot but I'm sure things have changed since then. If you're worried, just give 'em a call and I'm sure they'll give you the run down of how it will go. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes.

ekh2010
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 3:51 AM
My 2yo had two cavities...we had to put her under general aneshesia...and then they ended up pulling her two front teeth she had jumped onto a table and killed the root. That was a tough day...but these teeth are baby teeth the dentist will prolly talk choices. Ask ir pedi also. I wld choose gas but only cuz she fears needles. Take a deep breath mama...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)