Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preschool meeting today w/ an army of people! WOW!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:59 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ty was supposed to start preschool last Monday. Due to family emergency we were out of state and just got back a couple days ago. Well, I wasn't comfortable sending him to school yet though cuz they have 0 information on his medical conditions. I tried and tried to talk to them in May about it when we went through th etransition from EI to school, but NOOOOOO, wait til school gets here and they will not respond! UGH! Well, luckily I called the school and explained and I was amazed at the response I received. Instead of being disgusted and annoyed (as the previous people had been), they were very caring and understanding and set up a meeting asap with: his teacher, school nurse, speech, occupational, and physical therapist! KID YOU NOT! Today we had that meeting and it was AWESOME! They weren't afraid of Ty (most people treat him like he is glass)! They touched him and got down to his level and spoke to him and everything! I wanted to cry! The therapists all asked individual questions regarding all of his medical conditions. The nurse was great about his medical information and emergency procedures to be taken with him. Everything I said to do, is what they will do. They will not and are not doing anything that I don't approve of. They took cues from me! Then we were able to choose his time he goes to school because he was supposed to be driven by me. Well, due to unforseen circumstances (aka, tearing a tendon in my driving foot now requiring surgery soon), they are helping us get stuff figured out for school bus transportation. If he will be on teh bus too long, then the school will arrange for a small van to pick him up instead! KID YOU NOT AGAIN! I was amazed! I was honestly waiting to hear them tell us "you're on your own" (and we were even very hesitant to tell them we may have an issue with transportation b/c of my foot) but because he is in the special education program, they have a lot of resources he can utilize! They were so open arms to us and really made me feel great! I am so excited for him to start school Monday now! EECK!

Patrick Star. Pictures, Images and Photos

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ballerina.2006
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:22 AM
Oh hun that is so amazing! Ty is going to grow leaps and bounds with all the new treatments he will get from school! I cannot wait till Monday to hear how the first day went!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Wow!

Mipsy
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:07 PM
I also just got called today and his bus information went through! He starts Monday for sure!!!! Eeck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nf1
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:09 PM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoftwins_2
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:48 PM

good luck!

CBMama06
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:04 PM
That's awesome!! Thank God for people still caring about others!! Wishing your son an awesome school year!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:57 PM

that's exciting. I hope he enjoys going to school. they sound great.

sofiesmom112
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 2:45 AM

That's Great!!!

HetherElizabeth
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 7:59 AM
Wow that's awesome sounds top notch to me! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)