Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bedtimes... piog

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:12 PM
  • 17 Replies

Allan is 4. His bedtime has always been 9:00pm but since he starts school Wednesday I changed it to 8:00-8:30pm.

All this week we have gotten up early and got dressed right away. Tonight is Friday though. Should I keep his bedtime the same even on weekends or let him stay up/sleep in? Advice please :-)

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steffielou_who
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:14 PM
I would always let my boys stat up as late as they wanted but no worries.. it was only 2 days.. not nearly long enough to throw them off track.. and they always fell asleep fairly early.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:15 PM
Agreed

Quoting steffielou_who:

I would always let my boys stat up as late as they wanted but no worries.. it was only 2 days.. not nearly long enough to throw them off track.. and they always fell asleep fairly early.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Or maybe just til they make it through there first week, have them have the same bedtime to get into a routine!

suziq1982
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I would keep them on same routine until they are used to it. Once they are use to it they will choose to go to bed around the same time on weekends or at least mine do. I have a 9year old and a 2year old both go to bed at 8pm. On weekends my 9year old can stay up till 10pm. He was in bed before 9pm by his own choice.

arkansasmama08
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:29 PM
My oldest has aspergers and if I change his bedtime once it'll throw him off for a week at least! So I always keep them on the same schedule. My younger 2 are in bed at 8 and I just bumped ds's up to 8:30.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:31 PM
Im working on a new routine but it going to be everyday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kittn370
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:34 PM
I'd probably let him stay up one hour later provided he play quietly. That way the weekend nights are special but don't throw them off their schedule.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristansMom440
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:14 PM

My DS started PreK this week and tonight I let him stay up an hour later and am planning on letting him sleep in tomorrow.  :)

MargauxG
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:42 PM

My kids always go to bed at 8:30 regardless, always have! I think when they are older maybe let them stay up later on weekends, but not at 4 and a half, 2 and a half and 13 months lol or unless we do something special! Like tonight, we went to my sisters and stayed till 9:30!

StaceyAmber
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Quoting kittn370:

I'd probably let him stay up one hour later provided he play quietly. That way the weekend nights are special but don't throw them off their schedule.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)