Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do you buy your toddler's books?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:01 PM
  • 32 Replies

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Iconoclast
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:13 PM

I am and will always be a big believer in purchasing from the thrift store.  I find books that I forgot were very special to me and it is nice to know that I can share those stories with my kids for under a dollar (most of the time).  When I was a kid one of my favorite treats was my dad giving me a dollar and releasing me in the book section of the thrift store.  Most of the time the books were 25 cent a piece but there were a lot of times where they were 10 for a dollar.  One of my happiest memories.

DANGER ZONE! 

EVEN WHEN I'M BRAGGING I'M BEING SINCERE!

tuffymama
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:17 PM
Walmart, zulily.com, totsy.com, hautelook.com, amazon.com, and other online sources when they have sales. I would like to buy books from the thrift store, but too many other people take books into the bathroom with them, and I'm a germaphobe. Blecch!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sofiesmom112
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 7:06 AM

Hicklebee's book store is right down the street from our house. It is a world renowned children's book store.They have author signings all the time.. We have signed books by Mem Fox, Peter Yarrow, Laura Numeroff, Rhea Perlman, Tomie DePaulo, and many others.  I also shop thrift stores for books. I buy my dd books all the time. Through her preschool we also order scholastic books every month.

Sarahsmommy1008
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 8:51 AM

I get a lot of DD's books for "free" from paperbackswap.com and some from thrift and used bookstores.

ktok2009
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Half Price books, Scholastic, and Amazon.  I've not had much luck with toddler books from the thrift store.  :(

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2011 at 8:55 AM
Half price books, Barnes and Noble
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ddhb2007
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 8:56 AM

Target, Barnes and Noble, Kohls, or where ever I can find them

michelle_212
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 8:57 AM

walmart, target, i have a disney book subscription they send books to you, book stores,

MrsSexyCurtains
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 9:03 AM
Books a million and goodwill
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
millasmum
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 9:07 AM

I get a lot of my daughter's books from our library book sales, also the thrift shops. She also gets them as gifts. My sister lives cross-country and sent her one of those recordable books with her voice, my daughter loves it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)