Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell my 2 1/2 year girl to grow some hair!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:31 PM
  • 46 Replies

I've been waiting for a couple years for her hair to grow in and it's still not much. :( We can't keep anything in her hair and we still barely have to brush it because there's just not much to it LOL.

Boo!

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:34 PM

I can relate. Mine is 16 months but her hair is so thin!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonLeighB
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:45 PM
Your dd's hair looks exactly the same length as my 2yo!! I know exactly what you mean!! The front is in her eyes by I don't wanna cut it! It's taken too long to grow this long! So we take these itsy bitsy hair bands and pull them back. Or I chase her down and throw a baby barrette in. She is not used to having anything to her hair cuz we've never been able to!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonLeighB
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:48 PM

You can see the lack of length in this pic! It just kinda flips all over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Have you tried the little clear rubber bands? I use them in dds hair. This is from March, dd was 18 months, her hair was to her nose.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Can she take them out or are they tight enough to where it would be too hard? That's another reason we don't put anything in her hair. She takes hair things out within a few seconds. No amount of distraction will work.

Quoting OBImomma:

Have you tried the little clear rubber bands? I use them in dds hair. This is from March, dd was 18 months, her hair was to her nose.

PEEK05
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:02 AM

My daughter's hair is in her eyes too. It's at the point we HAVE to cut her bangs for the first time next week (we had to cancel our appointment last week) because she won't keep a barrette in them. :(

Quoting MonLeighB:

Your dd's hair looks exactly the same length as my 2yo!! I know exactly what you mean!! The front is in her eyes by I don't wanna cut it! It's taken too long to grow this long! So we take these itsy bitsy hair bands and pull them back. Or I chase her down and throw a baby barrette in. She is not used to having anything to her hair cuz we've never been able to!

blissfulmama80
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:04 AM

My 3 1/2 year old still doesn't have much hair.  She's only had one hair cut and we only did that to trim the wild crazy ends.  I can BARELY put it in a ponytail.  :/  It's taking FOREVER to grow!!  My 17 month old has WAY more hair than her big sister did at that age.

Here is Ilse recently.

And here is one with it down... it just gets crazy and goes everywhere if I don't wet it and comb it.

lundaylove
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:22 AM

my daughters hair was like that til she was 4. shes 4.5 and its just now barely past her shoulders. she has very thin hair and hypothyroidism so it would break real easily and not grow. But the tiny rubber bands are awesome, they cant pull them out so it works great for thin and/or short hair on toddlers.

PEEK05
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Yay we are definitely going to try the clear tiny rubber bands then. Her hair is also very thin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)