Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for sahms with los at home

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:57 AM
  • 17 Replies

how do you deal with the socialization with your los. i know alot of times parents will say daycare is good for them so they can interact and socialize with other kids, that is a big problem for me i sah and my ds is 3 but i cant get myself to put him in daycare for 5 hours a week so he can get that i worry to much about him not getting good enuf care and other things.

So how can he get the socialization he needs with being a sahk (stay at home kid)

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:00 AM
Church, playgroups, story time, and soccer (ds is 4)
He will be homeschooled and will be fine. He has a social activity almost every day :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
holmes212
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:02 AM

i wanted to get him into a preschool this year he will be 3 at the end of the month but the local school has not called me back and i left them 3 messages so i just gave up i am assuming they didnt call me back because he is so young. we have a friend of mine with 2 kids and he has alot of cousins but thats about all the interaction he gets :/ and we havent went to church in a while because its just simply alot of work for me to take both kids by myself but i really do want to start going again.

OBImomma
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:04 AM

We go to parks, the Children's museum, and my family (cousins) have lots of little ones that play at my grandparents often. We also go to the Library alot. the library here has great programs for kids of the same age. My almost 4 year old just started pre school this year and he has no problem socializing and He was kept home. No daycare. My DD (2years old) is also home with me all day. She is not as outgoing as my ds though. She likes to play with her brother and will play with the other kids ds plays with, but she doesn't go out and play with other kids on her own.

Oh another thing my ds plays soccer for the YMCA. He loves it. They practice once a week and have games on saturday that last 30 minutes. So before he was able to go to school soccer was a way he got to go play with other kids.

bcbmami
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:06 AM
Story time at the library, play groups. Do you have a Headstart program near you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
holmes212
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:06 AM

i really wanted to look into a mommy and me swim class at the ymca but it doesnt really give to much info and i would not have a babysitter for dd why we go

babowes
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:23 AM
Mall play land
Gym day care
Local playgrounds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beckers214
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Try meetup.com   I found a local moms group that does tons of activities through out the year.  It is awesome! 

RheaF
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:20 AM

We have church, playgroups, and co-op for DS(my youngest).I homeschool, and have a 6 year old(well, she is almost 6) as well. He goes with us to all of her activities. I do not feel that a classroom setting is needed to gain social skills.

suziq1982
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:28 AM

You can do church, You can google your local mom meet up groups to find someone for play dates.  There are private preschools that take kids at 2 that have shorter hours. Library usually have time for young kids.

beco8627
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:33 AM
I've started a moms group and we will have play dates. I take my two boys, 3.5 and 19 mo to the mall play area, we go to the library, parks and just anywhere I think they would have fun and get to play with kids. My 3.5 yr old will be 4 in Nov and ill b putting him into martial arts so he gets that extra discipline, exercise and interaction. I'm doing preschool at home this yr and I've always had to make sure he gets that social interaction. Oh, also I have him in play group once a week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)