• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SON OUT OF CONTROL IN KINDERGARTEN...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:30 AM
  • 3 Replies

My son just started kindergarden, by the 3rd day a note from the teacher was sent home that said..."he thinks he is the boss ansewers back, doesnt follow safey rules on the playground ( goes down the slide head first, climbs up slide) and rolls his eyes at the teacher and is disrespectful towards her...we disapline him, he went to his room for two days with no tv or toys)...so last night was back to school night and the teacher said his behavior has gotten a little better, but still is not following the saftey rules and is still rolling his eyes at her...It's just so embarassing, she said it while the other parents where still in the classroom listening in ahh...I don't know what to do! This is a new school for him and he is still getting used to the bus ride and all new kids...not that i'm making excuses for him...Like i said i don't know what to do, I don't want him to turn out to be disrespectful to authority figures and wind up in trouble with the law as he gets older..( I maybe taking this to extremes but this is my worst case senrio nightmare)....Has anyone gone through this before?...some insight would be more then helpful.....Please forgive my spelling!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sweetiepye2004
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:36 AM

My son just started Kindergarten as well.  The teacher sent a note home last week about my son's behavior.  I made up a chart.  It has four categories including: School (sub cate: listening while others talk, keeping your hands to yourself, following all school rules) Listen (no arguing, do as you're told, etc) Behavior (no fit throwing, etc) and Responsibilities (picking room cleaned up, etc).  I made up rewards that he will have to get so many stickers in order to receive.  Also he likes to play with his friends when he gets home from school, so if he disobeys me or doesn't behave at school-that priviledge will be taken away.  The punishment must be something they really enjoy.

.Angelica.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:42 AM

wish I had some advice. we aren't to that point yet.

abmaddox1981
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:53 AM
I haven't had this, so here's a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)