• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preschool and homework!!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:32 AM
  • 21 Replies

my kiddos love having homework for the weekend. They are in preschool and have homework on the weekends. I think its awesome and teaching them how important it is to practice at home at such a yound age. Here is Braden doing his homework on Saturday. Sara needed a lot of guidence so I forgot to take some pics of her though:(

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jhcz
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Yeah for learning! My Ds also has homework and is in headstart.

RedheadMama18
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:00 PM

My DD is in 3 year preschool but she doesn't have any homework.  I think they just do a lot of crafts, singing songs, and some outside playtime.

2and2onway
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Quoting jhcz:

Yeah for learning! My Ds also has homework and is in headstart.

Yep, thats where my kids go to. I am very impressed after hearing some negativeness.

corrinacs
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:55 PM

That's fantastic :).  My son loves his "homework" too.  Im so busy/tired with the new baby coming soon that I forget to do it with him, but I want to teach him how to read this year :)

Good luck!

bhwrn1
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Cute. My middle gets it once a week to do by the end of the week. He is loving it, surprisingly, since last year he had no interest at all in doing it!

.Angelica.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:32 PM

cute

Mireya926
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 10:47 PM

My son Is About to be 4 soon and yeah this year he is really into his homework.

Last year when he was in the 3year old class the teacher tried to issue homework, but most of the children were not ready my son would throw fits. Here is my pic

Full Time Working Mom's           Group Owner

zolanmel
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 11:27 PM
Aww ute my dd just hs home work mon-thurs. And when she turns it in on Friday she gets a treasure out of the chest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zolanmel
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 11:27 PM
She begs to do homework
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hmommy07
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 11:32 PM

last year in the 3 year old class they had about 8 sheets of paper with 10 spaces for them to practice their name over and over. so they had to write their name 80 times over the Christmas break.  the only other homework they had was making their valentine box, and writing their name on their valentines to give out... and collecting box tops in a pouch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)