Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SHE DOESNT CRY ANY MORE WHEN I LEAVE HER AT DAYCARE!!!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:33 PM
  • 10 Replies

AT FIRST IT WAS THIS EXCRUCIATING PAIN WHEN I LEFT HER IN DAYCARE AND SHE WOULD CRY SO LOUD THAT I ALOMOST FELT GUILTY LEAVING HER BEHIND... NOW SHE KISSES ME GOODBYE AND WAVES GOODBYE! I LOVE THE FEELING OF WALKING OUT AND KNOWING SHES OK!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnnybgood
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:36 PM
My son did that a while ago when I put him in day care. But now that he's older and is in more of a school type day care he just goes in and says hi to his teacher and leaves me in the dust. I have to give him a kiss goodbye, but he doesn't really care. When I go pick him up, he doesnt want to leave, I have to bribe him. It sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
belindakay
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Yeah that is a great feeling! When my son was 2 he went to day care once week and it broke my heart when he cried. Now he is in head start and no tears! He loves going and like johhnybgood he does not want to to leave.

RobynS
by Robyn on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:59 PM

AWESOME!! :)

corrinacs
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:04 PM

that's fantastic!  Means she's happy and feels safe where she is :).  THat's a great milestone to get through :) :) : ).

bhwrn1
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:27 PM

So glad she has adjusted!!!!

sophiesmom07
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Aww, it's so hard to see them plead for you, but I'm glad she's adjusting!

zolanmel
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:15 PM
Aww what a happy yet sad moment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busymom64064
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:16 PM

i know the feeling. Mason used to do this because he was afraid of being "independent" KWIM?? lol he wanted mama there all of the time. Now he just gives me kisses and i tell him i will be back later and then he says OKAY and waves back and says BYE MAMA!!

He is 2 btw

Bmama1
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:31 AM
Thats great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2and2onway
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:23 AM

Its bittersweet. Mine just ran into the class without so much as a hug and kiss goodbye. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)