Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's too early for all of this nonsense!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:46 PM
  • 18 Replies

My daughter turns 5 on Saturday. I dunno what happened to my little girl :(

But anyhow, everyone keeps asking her what she wants and she has not named ONE toy. Everything is clothes and shoes and hairbows....and pretend make up and jewlery.

Like what the heck? You're only 5 child?!!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jazzerina33
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Could be worse, my son asked for a fly swatter!! WTH??

That being said, I remember when I was her age I never played with dolls or barbies or anything, I only wanted to play dress-up.

Jess.Lynn
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM

Hahahaha!!

Quoting jazzerina33:

That being said, I remember when I was her age I never played with dolls or barbies or anything, I only wanted to play dress-up.

barnwell84
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:10 PM

My daughter wants a pink guitar.

corrinacs
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:03 PM

LOL, well, that's what she wants :).  

With my son, he has so many toys that I'm getting him clothes, etc LOL......because otherwise we'd be inundated.  He just doesn't play with "toys" much.  He has his matchbox cars he loves, and legos, etc......but there's nothing 'different" that he even wants.....

So, he's getting a bunk bed set and a few other small things.

RobynS
by Robyn on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:06 PM

:(

beco8627
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:11 PM
My son is turning 4 in November, and I asked him what he wants for his birthday AND Christmas....boy does he have no issues with telling me. His list went from only a remote control truck and a new car track to: a remote control truck, another car track, another optomus prime, (however you SAY and SPELL it) a gigantic police car, a gun and crafts....he recites it every couple days and keeps adding to the stinking list. He will be easy...my 19 mo old son, not so much! We have a hard time finding toys for him because they don't have great things to choose from for near 2 yr olds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Kelly
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:19 PM

It's amazing how time flies!

abmaddox1981
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:21 PM
Its normal at that age. Be thankful, my dd is 9 and all she is asking for for christmas is a 3DS....like I can strain out $169.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:35 PM

LOL that's hilarious! My son wants more cars, (hot wheels) even though he has about 200 of them.

Quoting jazzerina33:

nikisazombie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:39 PM
Well... Julia rarely says I WANT THAT when she sees a toy commercial, but show her a damn MATTRESS commercial... yeah. LOL! The child HAS a good mattress!

OP-- they have a box of princess dresses at Big Lots. I think it was 15 or so. :) I'm def getting it for J for Christmas. :)

Quoting jazzerina33:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)