Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tongue-tied

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:07 PM
  • 22 Replies
Johnny (28 months) is getting the tissue under his tongue clipped this Friday. Have any of y'all been through this with your LO? Any words of wisdom?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lundaylove
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:47 PM

we've not gone thru it yet but on teh 22nd we go with my 2mo to get her upper lip tie clipped. good luck!

TexasKaty
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:50 PM
Thanks GL to y'all too!

Quoting lundaylove:

we've not gone thru it yet but on teh 22nd we go with my 2mo to get her upper lip tie clipped. good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caligurl19
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:52 PM
My son had his clipped at a year and he cried for a minute and bled for about 30 seconds they didn't used any pain meds or numbing nothing so swelling happened he didn't seemed to be bothered by it the only thing I can say is don't wear white to the appointment
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:04 PM

No, I have not but good luck :) :).  I hope it helps :)

RobynS
by Robyn on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:08 PM

I haven't, but I've heard it's a pretty easy thing to heal from. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

RobynS
by Robyn on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Oh... that's not good. :/

Quoting Caligurl19:

My son had his clipped at a year and he cried for a minute and bled for about 30 seconds they didn't used any pain meds or numbing nothing so swelling happened he didn't seemed to be bothered by it the only thing I can say is don't wear white to the appointment

Come laugh with me as I fumble my way through cooking around my new-found food allergies: A Side Order of Nothing

eating

foistela
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Our son is tongue-tied but so far we haven't had to clip it. Good luck mama! 

berlgirl1224
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:09 PM
My son was a couple weeks old. He cried for a min, then I gave him a bottle. He quieted right up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasKaty
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:05 PM

thanks for the advice :) This seems like such an easy procedure. Now I'm wondering why it costs me $635!!!

Quoting Caligurl19:

.Angelica.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:22 PM

i haven't been through it. hope everything goes well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)