Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help! Gift ideas for a 4 year old!!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:06 PM
  • 16 Replies

We dont have TV in our house (well... not cable) so my daughter never sees commercials.  The shows she does watch are on netflix. 

Anyhow... no idea what to get her for her birthday this year.  I would love some ideas!  What are your preschoolers wanting?  What have they gotten and loved?  Anything is welcome!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2jngnc
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:11 PM

My 4 yr old niece likes:
-puzzles (24 to 50 pc alone, 100 if I can "help")
-polly pockets (i take the shoes)
-barbie (I take the shoes)
-my little pony
-her toy kitchen
-her baby doll (bity baby)
-zoobles (she has one that came in a happy meal, and wants more)
-littlest pet shop
-her bike (she has a 16")

hth

lilblufrog
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:11 PM

I am getting DD a doll house, I hope. I have been saving for it all year. Haha.

Bmama1
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:14 PM
Good question! I'd love some christmas gift ideas. We don't have cable either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyssasmommy412
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:15 PM

My DD has a Leapster Explorer so we gave  her games for that. You may want to try a Leapfrog book readers. Educational games Chutes and Ladders, Candy Land, Memory. 48 piece puzzles or Melissa and Doug has a state puzzle which my friends son got and he loves it.

Mom2jngnc
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Quoting lilblufrog:

I am getting DD a doll house, I hope. I have been saving for it all year. Haha.

oh, I forgot about that. Ours was a pass down from my a friends DD, but we get a new "set" for it each Christmas and/or Birthday.

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

busy_mama27
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:17 PM

I like the dollhouse, polly pocket, and zoobles ideas as well as my little pony and barbie.  However, my daughter doesnt seem into that kind of play... making them talk and do thinks so to speak.  she likes babies and to play momma... she likes to pretend she has a pet shop and lots of pets with her stuffed animals.  she even has a horse she adores playing with.  her kitchen she likes but its not a staple of play everyday.  she has a new bike. an art desk...

honestly she play dressup, plays mom or school, and pretends with her animals more than anything.  what kinda gift falls into that???  maybe she needs some of those other toys in order to want to play that?  what if its a flop?

*sigh*  this shouldnt be so hard.

abmaddox1981
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:21 PM
Get her some dress up clothes and junk jewelry. Second hand stores are awesome for this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:37 PM

my son just wants cars. LOL we also got him a leap pad explorer. He also likes puzzles and books.

bhwrn1
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Barbies?

momofemy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:03 PM

My daughter just turned 5.  Here are some ideas...

Games:  Google "Max Cooperative Game Amazon" to find the game Max and then scroll down to see a whole bunch of other cooperative games listed - no one wins, but you all work together.  We started a new "behavior" ticket system recently and dd is going to earn a "bonus buck" (an actual $1) for having a game night with us.  She enjoys them when she plays them, but it's not among her favorite things to do, so they never get played.  I think they're good for her, so she is going to get a bonus buck for playing!  I don't know if your dd likes games.

Dolls, dolls, dolls - Tinkerbell fairies large and small; same with princesses; and Barbie with a Theme (e.g. she has the DvD Barbie Fairy Rescue along with the main characters and the book.)  Playing with any of these is what she loves doing more than anything else. 

She has a Melissa and Doug Castle she plays with sometimes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)