Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mysterious hot dog spooks Iowa residents.

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:56 PM
  • 15 Replies

Mysterious Hot Dog Statue Spooks Iowa Residents

Posted by Lindsay Mannering
on September 14, 2011 at 2:46 PM

hot dogWas it you who left your wiener in Council Bluffs, Iowa? If so, police have found it and they're keeping it in custody until you get your ass over there to reclaim it. In case you're not sure that it's your hot dog authorities have found, here are some details: It's six feet long and wears an American flag as a cape/container. Ringing any bells?

It was last seen terrorizing school children as they waited at a neighborhood bus stop. The cops were called in to investigate and happened to be astounded by what they discovered.

The calls to the police described a man lurking around children in a hot dog suit. Police discovered that it wasn't a person at all, but one helluva weird statue. It looks just like the one pictured, but with its arms broken off. It's a creepy, tall statue of a hot dog in a bun squirting ketchup onto his head, licking his lips, and looking downright disturbed. Is the hot dog about to eat himself? Freaky.

It's not the first time the hot dog has been seen scaring people around town -- it's been spotted in other parts of Council Bluffs too, hiding in the shadows, just waiting to come to life and attack innocent townspeople. Police captain Terry LeMaster says no one knows anything about the mysterious frankfurter or where it came from, but I guess we can all rest easy knowing it's safely stored in the police precinct and won't be scaring anybody else anytime soon.

In case you're wondering, nothing like this has ever happened before in Council Bluffs, so don't just go assuming that they're a town plagued by recondite barbecue favorites because ... they're not. Geez.

Anyway, this hot doggin' hot dog has gotten itself a lot of attention, national attention. Yeah, he's missing some arms and has a look in his eye that's not a little bit cannibalistic, but he just needs a home, you know?

So if it's yours, pick him up, will ya? And stop leaving him around town. It's just weird.

What's the strangest thing that's happened in your town?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Angelica.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:56 PM

this is funny to me because the hot dog cart in my town has this same hot dog out in front of it! LOL

xxMissThingxx
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:59 PM

LOL.. We had a band of ninjas running around our city terrorizing people a few years back. Ohh and we have a couple "super heroes" that walk around "protecting the city" LOL

.Angelica.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:04 PM

I live across the river from Portland, OR where their slogan is "keep Portland weird" need I say more? LOL

Quoting xxMissThingxx:

LOL.. We had a band of ninjas running around our city terrorizing people a few years back. Ohh and we have a couple "super heroes" that walk around "protecting the city" LOL

xxMissThingxx
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:06 PM

LOL thats too funny!

Quoting .Angelica.:

I live across the river from Portland, OR where their slogan is "keep Portland weird" need I say more? LOL

Quoting xxMissThingxx:

Pregnancy%20ticker
Bmama1
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:16 PM
lol what the heck?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmama1
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:18 PM
There used to be a man who walked and rode his bike all over town wearing nothing but a speedo. Everyone knew him as Speedo Man. Haven't seen him in a couple yrs though. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:21 PM

LMAO

MegMon1
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:23 PM

I live in Iowa and this is the first time I have heard of this. LOL  But we have man that walks around Ames, Iowa  in a skirt all times of the year and sits in front of the city hall to open the doors for people. Also when he sits you can see his stuff is what i'm told. I only ever see him walking :) thank goodness!

babowes
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:56 PM

funnny looking thing!

bhwrn1
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:54 PM

How odd...I can't say anything odd has really happened that I can recall!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)