Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update: Do you think it is to early to talk to your toddler about the family tree?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:57 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have now been correcting my daughter of who her mommy & daddy is and it has actually gotten worse,we went from her calling grandma "mommy" & my sister's boyfriend "daddy" to where she is now calling her grandpa "daddy" also,all I know to do is to move out,but don't have the money and I am married and have tried to see if we qualify for government assistance and I guess in AL we don't,I really don't wanna come down to living in a shelter with my daughter,husband,and unborn baby.    

I would love to have advise,if anyone in AL know how I could get some government assistance PLEASE let me know.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JennyRod11
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:57 PM

BUMP!

emilysmom8
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:02 PM
Just keep telling your DD, thats not Dad thats "granpa" or thats "grandma"... Than tell her "I am mommy" and point to your self. Than say "that is dad" and point to her dad.. Also have the tell her grandparents and everyone else not to respond to her when she calls them mom or dad, she will learn who is mom and dad
bhwrn1
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:08 PM

What do the others do when she calls them that? Do they correct her?

JennyRod11
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Quoting bhwrn1:

What do the others do when she calls them that? Do they correct her?

No and then they look at me like I am wrong when I correct her,they even respond to her when she calls them that. 

Oh and earlier today she called me "grandma" and it really got me (emotionally)

JennyRod11
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Quoting emilysmom8:

Just keep telling your DD, thats not Dad thats "granpa" or thats "grandma"... Than tell her "I am mommy" and point to your self. Than say "that is dad" and point to her dad.. Also have the tell her grandparents and everyone else not to respond to her when she calls them mom or dad, she will learn who is mom and dad

• Well I started doing that,but over heard my DD ask my dad (her grandpa) where's mommy and he said she will be right back and was referring to my mom (her grandma) and they always respond to her calling them "mommy" & "daddy",I have told her even infront of them that is not your "mommy" or "daddy" that's your grandma,grandpa,ect. and they give me a bad look and say she is just three and she will grow out of it,I just think they like to be called that and I think they are trying to take my DD from me,I have a baby on the way and it is hurting me emotionally and they couldn't give a monkey's butt....it makes me so upset.

bhwrn1
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:24 PM

How frustrating that they are not on the same page. I can see why you are upset.

Bmama1
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:51 PM
Have you checked if there are any apartments in the area that are income based. I had a friend who was homeless and an income based apartment actually let him move in for free for a month or 2 till he got on his feet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennyRod11
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Quoting Bmama1:

Have you checked if there are any apartments in the area that are income based. I had a friend who was homeless and an income based apartment actually let him move in for free for a month or 2 till he got on his feet.

I haven't yet but thank you for the help... :)

pnut1027
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:57 PM

I would keep correcting her & telling her no that is granma or granpa & I am mommy.  My niece & nephews use to do this all of the time & I would say "I'm not mommy I'm Auntie, but what do you need. Eventually they got it but do slip sometimes when they come & stay for awhile.  I know it is hard but I'm sure if you keep correcting her she will got it.  Good luck & I hope the other family members finally start correcting her too.

Bmama1
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:58 PM
Your welcome. =) I hope things work out.

Quoting JennyRod11:

Quoting Bmama1:

I haven't yet but thank you for the help... :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)