Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is 5 too old?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:41 PM
  • 41 Replies

Is 5 years old too old for a tea set?  This is real porcelain and close to adult size.  She loved playing tea party when she was 2-4, but has outgrown her little Schylling sets.  This would be for Christmas and I obviously do not want to ask her.  The one I found is very nice and $30 from a Montessori site.  Keep in mind that she is only getting 3 presents for Christmas (not including Santa). Also, we always used rootbeer for tea.  I would use real chamomile in this, as it takes leaves for steeping instead of tea bags.  I guess I'll have to test her on her liking of chamomile tea and find out what other teas are safe for children.  So in addition to your opinion on getting a tea set, do you know of any good teas!

CDR140.jpgCDR142.jpgCDR144.jpg

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zolanmel
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:42 PM
I don't think she's to old for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoniaL
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:48 PM

I wouldn't think she is too old. I have 4 daughrers and have never had a tea set or done tea parties with them at all so I am not all that sure about it.

faithlives
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:50 PM
I would say five is too young for a porcelain tea set. I'd rather get plastic or metal personally because at five they still don't understand the value of things. But it is a nice set.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoftwins_2
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:30 PM
Not too old at all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZoeCY
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:48 PM

My cousin's daughter has had a porcelain set since she was four and has always been VERY careful with it so I don't think 5 is too young, but it really does depend on the child I suppose.  I don't think she would be too old for it either, I think it is a great idea!!

As far as teas, I am absolutely NO help!  Sorry!

Quoting faithlives:

I would say five is too young for a porcelain tea set. I'd rather get plastic or metal personally because at five they still don't understand the value of things. But it is a nice set.

MysticalDreamzz
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:33 AM

I agree:

Quoting faithlives:

Fields456
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:34 AM

absolutly not   little girls love playing tea party  way past 5

bhwrn1
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 5:38 AM

I don't think so at all!!!! Does she do a lot of imaginative play? If so, it's perfect!

Bmama1
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:02 AM
I think she'll like it! Its more of a big girl tea set!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dmwood
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:52 AM

No way!! My 4 year old has a porcelain set that we use together. When we are through playing it get put away. That is a beautiful set!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)