Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Show and Tell ideas for preschoolers..

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:15 PM
  • 15 Replies

So obviously, this show and tell thing is new to me.. (I did it when I was in school, but new for me to think of ideas for my little guy..)

Any ideas other than his favorite toys, pictures of siblings and/or pets? He has to do it EVERY Tuesday.. That is a LOT of things I need to come up with! I'm going to ask him what he wants to bring too.. But any ideas from any of you would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks!

by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanceandhailey
by Member on Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Good luck, my daughters Kindergarten does Hide & Tell...There is a theme for every Friday, usually something that starts with a certain letter. So I have to help her find something, and then we also have to come up with clues to get the other kids to guess what it is. grr...lol

Gweneveer
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Wow, every week?  Thats alot!

I wouldnt be able to think of anything other than toys and pictures.  I hope he has alot of both!  lol  

Good luck!

kellilynne
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:23 PM

My little boy has to do his show and tell every monday, they have to bring something that starts with the letter of the week. Today was the letter E. I sent a cutout of an easter egg he colored last year and we went over his clues for his class to guess. GL.

Kristenn
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:26 PM
I'd have ayden bring a different toy, a book, a picture, and a craft that he made every month, but a different one each month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Quoting Kristenn:

I'd have ayden bring a different toy, a book, a picture, and a craft that he made every month, but a different one each month.

This is what I would bring. Not sure what else he can bring to class other than these things!

pinupbeauty90
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 1:27 PM
My suggestions would be what others have said. But I remember when I was in kindergarten my just had my baby brother, so I had my mom bring him in. Lol. He was a hit with the girls...the boys not so much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2-point-doe
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Maybe go for a nature walk and collect some interesting leaves or rocks.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Oct. 3, 2011 at 2:15 PM

I have no ideas. Why are they doing it every week? That's a lot of stuff to have to bring.

LoriAnn87
by LoriAnn on Oct. 3, 2011 at 3:09 PM

My son has show and tell every other Friday and he usually brings in one of his trains, cars or a book. If he can't tell them about the toys or books he brings in I write in his book so the teacher can read aloud what the toy or book is about.

shortmama83
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 3:17 PM

What if you and your son make a little treat together and he tells how you made it and then shares a taste with his class?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)