Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

good toys for bored preschoolers?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:24 AM
  • 6 Replies
My son is 3, I know every parent likes to think their child is advanced but my husband (who is highly intelligent himself, and did most of the raising of his younger siblings (youngest was 6 years younger) as early as 7 years old.. he had a pretty hard childhood.. is seeing signs of extreme intelligence in him. He doesn't really play with his toys but wants to take apart or put together objects around the house (such as my husband's music stand, cellphones, and anything else he can find that doesn't need tools) my husband thinks he is bored and needs more challenging toys meant for kids a few years older. Does anyone have any good recommendations for toys for kids like my son?
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
milenko_chick
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Maybe check out discoverytoys.com 

momoftwins_2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:32 AM
I agree with discovery. You could Google some stuff too and see if you.can find toys online like that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Iskkra
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:36 AM
My son (4) is very similar. He's very smart, and is more interested in knowing how things work than actually playing with them. We got him some car models that can be taken apart and put back together easily, and some kids books that talk about how things are made and work. We also keep him stocked in musical instruments and blocks, Trio legos, board games, a doctor's kit, anything that requires a bit more mental effort than simple toys. My brother gave him this really cool building set that he links big plastic gears together to make a whole board spin (Keleido-Gears, I think it's called), he loves that. He also got a Vtech Vmotion game system for his birthday from my inlaws, and it's super easy for him to play and teaches him coordination, plus it's educational with helping to learn directions, spelling, etc. He loves it.
He also loves when we record the show 'Modern Marvels' for him. It talks about how things work. His favorite episode is one about how steam energy works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:04 PM

They make toys that need to be built. If that's what he's wanting to do I would look into those.

babowes
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:05 PM
Discovery tys has a great little car you can build and rebuild.....probablyeven toys r us has one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2-point-doe
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:17 PM

DD is 4 and loves building things. The discovery vehicles are great. There are several great classics like legos, lincoln logs, tinker toys, erector sets etc. Things like bendaroos are great and easy to take with you. We also have these;

dados 

FlexeezFlexeez 200-Piece Large Pack -  Spin Master - Toys"R"Us

Zoobs

Mic o Micmic.o.mic Small Plane

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)