Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any vegetarians?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:44 AM
  • 3 Replies
I am mostly a vegetarian. I'm not obsessive about staying away from animal flesh but I don't buy it. My kids (4 yrs) have really been picky about meat lately. They will pick chicken or pepperoni off their pizza or when we go to subway they will want a cheese sandwhich instead of turkey and cheese. They ask questions about hamburgers and what animal they're eating and if its dead. I'm not going to lie to them but I definitely don't want to push them to be vegetarians just cause I am. They are just showing lack of interest in meat lately so I'm not sure what to do. If you're a vegan or vegetarian, are your kids? How do you deal with this issue?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
.Angelica.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:00 PM

I wouldn't lie to them about meat. My son has asked a few times and he gives us weird looks when we tell him what it is. but he still eats it (though he's not a big meat eater) I'm not vegetarian though, if I don't eat meat I start feeling really sick. I know that's weird. LOL

bhwrn1
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:36 PM

I am not but if that is what they are choosing then just go with it. Don't push them one way or the other. Tell them the truth.

momoftwins_2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:33 PM
Yea I always tell them the truth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)