• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Seriously Demented 4 yr old

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:43 PM
  • 55 Replies

So I have a 4 yr old and an 11 month old. My 4 yr old goes to pre-k till noon everyday. He has a friend in class and I am also friends with this kid's mom. We hang out at MOPS and stuff like that. I invited them over for lunch today after school and to let the kids play. I have always had kind of a bad feeling about this kid. About a month ago we were at a bday party and they were playing in the toy room and my son started crying and said that this kid hit him. His mom grabbed him and the kid kept trying to hit my son and had a very evil look in his eyes. It bothered me of course, but thought maybe it was boys being boys. So fast forward to today. They came over and they were playing in the playroom. My 11 month old crawled in there, which she does alot, to play with the big kids. This boy comes out and says, "mommy I need a sharp knife". We're like what?? He said, "I need a sharp knife to kill Callie (the baby). I don't like babies" I was appalled. My son comes out horrified saying, "mommy please do let him kill Callie." I just didn't even know what to say. I don't think I will have this kid at my house anymore. That is just not a normal "boy" thing to say or normal period. Who says that?? I think this kid has a loose wire somewhere. I hate to say that about another kid, but this was beyond ok for me.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
macilah
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:48 PM
WOW thats really NOT normal what did his mothes say?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TMommyx2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:48 PM

What was the mother's reaction?

katyuwf
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:49 PM

His mom said, "D that is not nice. You can't be mean."

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:51 PM
Thats more than being mean I agree op that kid is demented

Quoting katyuwf:

His mom said, "D that is not nice. You can't be mean."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nursetiffany.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:53 PM
whoa. yeah playdates woud be ending.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starchild84
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Wow.  That is definitly not normal.  I wouldn't want to have him over either, it sounds like he could be dangerous.

ekm0826
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:55 PM
2 moms liked this

If I were you, I definitely would not allow him to be in my home again.  Unfortunately, in my experience, I have seen that it takes parents along time to admit that their child needs help.  I understand that a parent does not want to think anything is wrong with their child, physically or mentally, but getting the help they need at an early age will only benefit the child in the long run!

yksurepa_570
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:56 PM
That would send a red flag up in my mind that something needs to be said. That is just something that is not appropiate no matter the age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zandizane
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:56 PM

He needs therapy!

mom2ljh
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:57 PM
Oh my gosh. What did his mom say!? I would DIE if my son said something like that, and then get him in with a psych ASAP.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)