Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do they listen to the news on tv or radio?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:17 PM
  • 12 Replies

I turn off my morning news station when my daughter is in the car.  I don't think she is old enough to hear about all of the horrible in the world, especially those things that are always happening to kids her age.  I know they have to experience life sometime and learn about the real world.  Of course, they do.  I just think we should let her enjoy the innocence of childhood as long as possible.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
belovedmama08
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:26 PM

That is funny you mention that because I had on talk radio the other day,not thinking my son was listening. All of a sudden though, he says "Mommy, what's progress?" I laughed but realized that he shouldn't be listening to that stuff.

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:28 PM
I don't listen to talk radio it bugs me but I do watch the news with my son in the room our local NBC news team shows more of the happy good stuff then the bad
And in the mornings I take him to school I do change it to the country station bc my other stations don't talk about stuff i want him to learn about just yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:05 PM

I don't watch the news. I read it online when I do want to know what's going on.

momoftwins_2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:38 PM
We listen to the radio but nor the news
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faithlives
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:45 PM
I don't even have the radio while I'm driving. She watches a movie in the back seat. As for the news, I usually read it online...where she's not looking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
me-n-mygirls
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:49 PM
yes its on the tv and they see n hear
we address what theyy see or hear. I want them to know what is out there and that its not all happy.
we will sometimes not let them see but mostly I will say "thats why I watch you so close" or "thats what they are going through"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemeg03
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:09 PM

I dont listen to the news in the car, but I do watch HLN/CNN on and off throughout the day with ds in the room. He's too young to understand whats on there (he's 3 1/2) and he could care less about the news being on...believe it or not its the weather channel that he's scared of lol. I think b/c we had quite a few bad storms over the summer and the severe tstorm/tornado warnings were scary to him.

zolanmel
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:43 PM

i dont listen watch so they dont. i really dont care to hear about all the neg. crap going on. got enough of it in my personal life..

-JustMyOpinion-
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:04 AM

I do not shelter my kids from the news.  If something catches their attention, I try my best to come up with an explanation that will make sense for their age levels.  If they are having particular feelings about something they heard or saw on the news, we discuss it with them.  

j.mom.07
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 4:11 AM

we dont watch all of the news, we tivo it, and fast forward through the stuff we dont want to watch... and the kids usually are asleep when we watch the news. but we dont watch the horrible stuff usually anyways... plus, half the time we are laughing when watching the news anyways, because the news station here has bad editors, and always has typos and mess ups and such that drive us bonkers...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)