Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any moms out here with MS? (multiple sclerosis)

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:53 PM
  • 8 Replies
I have a 22 month old little girl & I was diagnosed with MS when she was about 8 months old. Now that she is up & active (And I mean extremely ACTIVE!!) It is hard to keep up with her. I am so thankful I have her because for years I didn't think I could have a child & if I had been diagnosed before I got pregnant, i'm not sure we would have continued trying to conceive, due to all the unknowns/uncertainties that go along with this disease.I really just wanted to see if anyone out here might be sharing this boat with me. I was diagnosed a little over a year now & still struggle to completely come to terms with it.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Strega
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:57 PM
Yes. I was diagnosed in October of 2009. My Mother has had it since she was 16. She is now 61 and has been bedridden for 26 years. So, unfortunately I knew more than I wanted to know about MS before my diagnosis.. But it didn't prepare me to deal with it myself, that's for sure! I've been on Betaseron for 2 years now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hot_Mamma_of_2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:58 PM
I don't have MS, but I do know someone who does have MS and she is starting a group. I don't know where you live but she lives here in Live Oak, Florida. If you would like to be able to talk with her you can PM me, she has FB. Good luck and I will be keepping you in my prayers and thoughs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Strega
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

There's already an MS Group if you want to check it out:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/2186

Also, here's another you may find helpful:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/110796

You can also message me anytime.

wedding website

PhotobucketFollow Me on Pinterest

.Angelica.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:02 PM

I don't have it. sorry you are having to deal with that though.

2girls07
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't have it but my dad was diagnosed in May 1990. I've watched him struggle since I was 8 years old! Such a horrible disease. I don't think there is enough awareness for it! We had our first local walk in Oct. and raised $30,000 for the MS foundation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 7:12 AM

Bump

fallnangel3
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 7:32 AM
My dh has ms, he was diagnosised 2 years ago when he had an attack that was first thought to be a stroke. He is a sahd now and deals with our very active 4yo ds, one thing he's found that helps is to have ds do things in the same room as himso he can keep track of him easier
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 9:42 AM

No sorry, here's a bump.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)