Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok, so I know tiny ones cry in a chain reaction but...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:17 PM
  • 4 Replies
Is it from empathy or the noise? I ask b/c my tween came home in a meltdown because he thought he lost his phone... LO was thrilled he was home until he heard the sobs. So within 40 seconds, I had TWO emotionally destroyed children. I know my boys are tight, but did the baby get upset b/c of the noise , or was he really upset that big bro was miserable? I didn't think fourteen mo olds "got" empathy. Am I just clueless?

The ones that you love the most go away to soon, the others just never go away...

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:36 AM

my baby does that too!  i think it is empathy, which is sweet.  She was watching Super Why and the baby on the show was crying and she started crying with tears and everything!  When her 4 yr old sister has to go to timeout for misbehaving, she stays with her the whole time!

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:37 AM
My 18 month old gets so worried when my 4 year old cries. It's sweet :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 7:21 AM

My kids always chain react! What a noise! I think they just must be in tune to each other. That's the way siblings seem to be.

irishmama1007
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:11 PM

I say empathy because even when i'm sad (not crying) my 4yr old will come to me with tears in his eyes asking me why I'm sad. And my 18 month old will give me hugs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)