Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do i get my my 3 year old to...

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:20 PM
  • 18 Replies

my 3 year old is fully potty trained but she wont wipe herelf. she wipes her butt everytime she pees but im trying to to tech her how to wipe herself but i dont know how else to get her to wipe. does anyone have any advice?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:25 PM

keep explaining it to her, go in and make sure she is doing it right. Maybe reward her with a sticker when she does it right.

ashley872
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:48 PM

ok thank u

Quoting othermom:

keep explaining it to her, go in and make sure she is doing it right. Maybe reward her with a sticker when she does it right.

.Angelica.
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

just have to keep showing them. my son has been able to wipe himself for a while now bu still suts in the bathroom calling for help :/

momoftwins_2
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:27 PM
Mine just started being able to fully wipe after they go poo. They're 4
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:43 PM
It's a process. Just keep teaching.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:16 PM

keep explaining it to her and show her.  btw, they can't fully wipe themselves properly until they're older.  my dd "wipes" herself after peeing but has trouble wiping her bum because she can't reach that far.  

DeathBat
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:20 PM

I have to watch my DD (3yrs old) while she goes to the bathroom... She'll skip wiping if I don't. My mom used to tell me that if I don't, worms will start growing there! Haha. Debating if I should start that with my daughter.

2and2onway
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:22 PM

My younger brother  had that issue and my mom wiped his butt until he was 6 yrs old. I would just keep showing her and having her practice. Maybe giving her a small treat for doing it all by herself to reinforce the behavior.

ashley872
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:00 PM

ok thank u all u guys are amazing

SmileyMoo
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 1:00 AM
lol my daughter too

Quoting .Angelica.:

just have to keep showing them. my son has been able to wipe himself for a while now bu still suts in the bathroom calling for help :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)