Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have a child with ADHD or autism, etc

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:52 PM
  • 7 Replies
how were they as toddlers? When did the symptoms show up? What were they?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Kristenn
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:23 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B-FigNewton
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:13 PM

My son was recently diagnosed with Autism. He will be 5 in January. He is really smart with reading, math, and things like that. But he is still potty training for lack of understanding some simple things.

carmenclrk
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:16 PM
I noticed my son (8) was a little off at around two...he just did everything slightly different and had a bad attidude and had an I don't care look on life...he was diagnosed with ADHD on his 8th birthday this year and things started to make since...he is real behind in school and hates everything...he is very vocal and will go off on anyone he decides he doesn't like...
loganadrian
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:25 PM

i am currently in the process of getting my son diagnosed for adhd. even as young as 1 and a half i had a person that babysat my boys she felt he should be checked as she felt he was showing signs even that young. i shrugged it off until recently. at that age i just felt it was his age and he would grow out of it. recently he has shown dangerous impluses so it made me concerned. he has an older brother with it, my niece just recently was diagnosed, and i have a brother that was just diagnosed. my son is just non stop climbing on things and very rarely sits still. i have a 3 yr old that can maintain his attention span longer than the 7 yr old.

2and2onway
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:39 PM

My son was 18 mos old when I knew something was wrong. He is now 12 and diagnosed with a whole slew of things including ADHD and Aspergers.

DeirdraG.
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:44 PM
Trent has always been very smart. He walked at 9 months. Could go up and downstairs at 10 months. He was always sooooo far ahead gross motor wise. His fine motor and sensory skills were off.

Hates certain types of clothes. Eating gosh was awful. He also had no pain reception and lacked major impulse control. Like throwing himself downstairs and laughing. Grabbed a hot curling iron burnt his whole hand and ignored it. Ect.

Took a steak knife and cut up his mayress and box spring. By 3 yrs old he could put strength me during meltdowns. He could also literally lift and move a gill size mattress boxspring and frame himself.

He would smash his face on the wall. Find things to cut himself... Like curtain rods!

But have uncontrollable meltdowns over the blood it produced....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:13 AM
My son was smart as a whip and very happy. He seemed to have no awareness of others around him. He only played side by side, never with other kids. He'd get carried away with having fun and could result in hurting someone - but he'd feel remorse as he didnt mean to hurt someone but didnt notice them there. He wanted to watch the same shows over and over and would obcess over certain things like Thomas the train. And Thomas had to stay I'm certain places or else he'd freak.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)