Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

What's your kids' favorite balanced meal?

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 10:41 AM
  • 145 Replies
4 moms liked this

We gave moms a gift card and asked them to buy Tyson(R) Chicken Nuggets. Then, we asked them to create a "Nugget Night" themed dinner for their kids and tell us about it.

Read what they have to say and then share your kids' favorite balanced meal.

by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Jan. 10, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Check out some of the great things our moms are saying about Tyson Chicken Nuggets:

Mallowcup says:
The meal was simple, quick but a big hit!

sjump25 says:
My son ate his whole dinner...which is RARE! They were very tasty and juicy.

frgivn2 says:
I paired the nuggets with some Julienne potatoes, steamed some broccoli and wah-lah! You've made a fan out of us.

Ruttermama says:
My preschool son took his bite of the nuggets and said "Mama, these is good and fun."

Read on to hear what other moms are saying.

Dragonmamas
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2012 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't been feeling too well the last week so we finally got around to doing our nugget night this evening. The ease of the meal was my favorite part, because the last thing I want to do the day that I'm feeling better is stand in the kitchen all evening cooking. This meal took me twenty minutes, total. From prep to the table.

I bought a big bag of regular shaped nuggets, because they had the 10% more tag on them. We like more for our money around here :)

When I opened the bag I found that there were actually two bags of nuggets within the one. I only cooked one of the bags, because it was plenty for my family. It was like paying three dollars for one bag, that's a lot of bang for my buck!

I served mashed potatoes, broccoli and pickles with our nuggets. The boys decided to have ranch dressing and bbq sauce for dipping this evening.

My boys love chicken nuggets so naturally they were excited when they asked what was for dinner and I told them. I know it looks fake, but that's just how they react to cameras. LOL. And excuse their hair. Winter break = laziness :)

We usually get the cheaper, off brand bags of nuggets, but after having these Tyson nuggets we have decided that they are definitely worth the extra dollar or two. My boys gobbled them up and so did we, behind the scenes!

Thank you Tyson and Cafemom for this opportunity. Our nugget night was awesome and we look forward to doing it again next week!

.Angelica.
by Angie on Jan. 10, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Ok, so finally got my card last night. We went and got the regular tyson chicken nuggets for my son. It's the only one they had. And we got some tyson buffalo chicken strips for the adults. We had curly fries and grapes with dinner. My son loved it and couldn't wait for dinner to be done.

I wasn't able to get pictures as I was busy with the baby and my son ate his food quickly. I know he enjoyed his meal last night!

2and2onway
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Saving my spot woohoo

JCTVCBN
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I received the $50 American Express gift card less than a week ago. 

A couple of days ago, I had told my boys that we were going to have a 'Nugget Night".  My 6 year old was so excited that he kept asking me every night if today was the day.

Well, I went to the grocery store, so we had our "Nugget Night" today. They only had the regular chicken nuggets so that's what I got.  

My 12 year old son had chicken nuggets with ketchup, tater tots, rice, apples, grapes and strawberries.

My 6 year old (camera shy) son had chicken nuggets with ketchup, tater tots, rice, beans, cheese, apples, grapes, and strawberries.

While they were eating, my youngest said, "This is yummy."

My oldest said, "The chicken nuggets make me thirsty."

My youngest was enjoying it so much that he had to use both hands.  : )

I asked my boys what they thought of the chicken nuggets, and my oldest said they were OK.  My youngest said, "That was good!"

I ate my boys leftovers, and I thought the chicken nuggets were OK.  I don't think I had bought those before.  What I've bought before are the Tyson Chicken Fries, and I think they taste better than the chicken nuggets.

I hadn't bought the chicken fries in a while.  I wish Tyson would offer healthier products to choose from.

I probably won't be buying the chicken nuggets again, maybe the chicken fries once in a while but not the chicken nuggets.

Thank you Tyson and Cafemom for choosing me for the Influencer Program for Tyson Chicken Nuggets.

I don't think I've ever done a themed night before, but my boys and I really enjoyed it.  My boys weren't fighting at all during our "Nugget Night", and I was really happy about that.   : )

babygomez
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Can't wait to get started :0)

RutterMama
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Thank you Tyson and CafeMom!
Our family had our "Nugget Night" tonight! We had a balanced meal of Dino nuggets, crinkle fries and 'colorful' veggies. Everyone in our house loved the dinos!

Our family consists of my husband and myself, our 4.5 year old son and 14 month old daughter. The first thing my son said when he took his first bite of the nuggets was "Mama, these is good and fun." (yes, not proper English.. but he's a preschooler.)

It made dinner super fun tonight! So many times dinner becomes mundane and repetitive. But tonight was great! We didn't even have to fight with DJ to eat his dinner! And Makenna (the 14 month old) LOVED the dinos! She had several of her own!

We have never done themed nights at our house, tonight was a first. And it was a keeper! This is something we will definitely do again in the future as it was a hit with everyone. We had never had Tyson Chicken Nuggets before, but plan to make them a regular part of our menu (when they are on sale of coarse!)

So thank you Tyson and Cafemom for helping us create a dinner that was both delicios and fun for my family!

Group MOD 

Changing the world, one mom at a time!

Rushn311
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Thank you Cafemom and Tyson for the opportunity to try your nuggets. We purchased two bags of chicken nuggets. I never had them before, nor my kids. We usually buy the RediServe brand. I only used 3/4 of the one bag. I cooked them a little longer than I should have so they were crunchy. haha

My youngest said he wants them less crunchy, but really thinks they are good.

My daughter says they are amazing and wanted more than the 6 I gave her.

My hubby says they are really good, I'd eat them for lunch on the weekends!

Me, I really liked them and next time  will make them less crunchy just like  my youngest son said. :P

I bought fries, fresh green beans, two bags of nuggets,  ZooPal plates and cups. They were so excited to have "nugget night". They dipped their nuggets including hubby in bbq sauce and ketchup.

We will definitely be doing this again. In the summer when we have soccer nights, a chicken nugget night like this will be perfect!

Thank you again!!!

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2012 at 1:21 PM

So super excited to have gotten picked for this influencer!!!!!! My nugget night was for 3 children ages 2-4!!!!! We decided to get two different nuggets the Dino nuggets for the kids and Honey BBQ tenders for the adults. Since my kids are big nugget fans I knew it would be an immediate hit and it was!!!! We prepared a salad and even got the kids to pick their toppings!!!!! My kids LOVED the dino shapes and kept making them rawr at each other lol,my daughter liked them as well but she seemed to prefer my Honey BBQ brand a little bit better!!!! They both enjoyed their salad and broccoli trees along with mashed potato volcano with BBQ lava!!!! Me and my Husband also LOVED the the BBQ tenders. We will be buying more in the very near future!!!! I will add pictures when I get back on my home computer! Thank you so much Cafemom and Tyson.

newbabystarr09
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 1:31 PM
2 moms liked this

BUMP! I'm new to this so I want to see why everyone so excited :)

toddler girlexpecting boy

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN