Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Click here for Toddler Tips: Potty Training, Discipline, Picky Eaters....

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to the Toddlers & Preschoolers group!

You're in just the right place for support, information, tips, and advice from moms just like you!

Visit the links below to find help with some of the most common topics facing moms with toddlers and preschoolers.

Plus, see what moms are talking about today in Toddlers & Preschoolers.

You can jump right in by replying to one of the discussions above or start a post of your own.

Thank you for being part of the Toddlers & Preschoolers group!

by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Replies (51-57):
Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Don't give up, 2 year olds are really difficult. It's the age when they are testing their limits and boundaries. Just be as consistent as possible. Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to :)

Quoting koroleva219:

i have really hard time with my 2 years old. He would not listen and time out is not working... i am almost give up

MrsRobinson06
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Thanks for making it easy to find out tips!

momofsixangels
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Thanks!

TigerofMu
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Great ideas!  Nice to have the links all in one place :).

yemmy01
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 10:04 PM
  • Hello everyone! Well I am finally able to sit down. :-) well I am a mother of two (a 15 months old little girl, and a 3 year old boy, who is a hand full )and work full-time. I sometimes feel so tired and sad , I feel like my 3 year old is running my life, he cry for everything and for nothing. I have no idea how to handle him. It's not attention that he needs cause I give him plenty. He scream and kick, don't want to pick up his toy, and tells me he don't want his sister. Please help me I feel like I am doing something wrong. shrugging
Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Hello and welcome!

I had a friend who was having similar problems and she started doing a good behavior jar. Whenever her son would go a stretch of really behaving, listening, or doing chores, she would put a marble or small object in the jar. Once the jar was filled, he'd get a treat. The idea was that he would see that it was better to be a good boy and that positive reinforcement took over frustration.

Here's an exmaple I found online:

Quoting yemmy01:

• Hello everyone! Well I am finally able to sit down. :-) well I am a mother of two (a 15 months old little girl, and a 3 year old boy, who is a hand full )and work full-time. I sometimes feel so tired and sad , I feel like my 3 year old is running my life, he cry for everything and for nothing. I have no idea how to handle him. It's not attention that he needs cause I give him plenty. He scream and kick, don't want to pick up his toy, and tells me he don't want his sister. Please help me I feel like I am doing something wrong. shrugging

daisytr5
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Loving tips! What parent can't use new tools and ideas?!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)