Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Click here for Toddler Tips: Potty Training, Discipline, Picky Eaters....

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to the Toddlers & Preschoolers group!

You're in just the right place for support, information, tips, and advice from moms just like you!

Visit the links below to find help with some of the most common topics facing moms with toddlers and preschoolers.

Plus, see what moms are talking about today in Toddlers & Preschoolers.

You can jump right in by replying to one of the discussions above or start a post of your own.

Thank you for being part of the Toddlers & Preschoolers group!

by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
Pagano
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Ok my daughter will be 2 in may .my mother watches her once in awhile when I need to run out quick she allowed my daughter to climb on the kitchen table and put her on my countertop when my daughter wants a snack so she can pick what she wants out of the cabinet ..my mother dont do this anymore because I flipped out but not I have been trying to break my daughter out of this habbit but she just throws herself and flipps out . Everywhere we go she wants to climb on tables !!! HELP !!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellamommy2008
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 11:35 PM

My daughter is 3 and my fiance has been in her life since she was one. He biological dad has not been in her life and my fiance and raised her as his own. How do I get her to stop always coming to me with everything and start to go to my fiance too? She calls him daddy and loves him, but she always runs to me when things go wrong. Even when she has to take her medicine she won't take it if my fiance gives it to her and will tell him she will take it if mommy gives it to her. How can I get her to understand that he is not going to leave her and that he is her daddy (he is going to be adopting her after we get married). I have tried to explain to her in 3 year old words that he will never leave her, he loves me just as much as mommy, and he is just as the boss and awesome as mommy. Any advice?

Alicia

pinksteff2003
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I think I am going to have to limit myself time wise on here, I could be on here all day looking at different things and posting about everything. There is so much to read or to get into. Thanks for all of the tips, with three kids I could always use them.

SarasMom599
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:47 PM

im having trouble potty training my toddler she does a good job until bedtime and when we wake up the bed is wet. what can I do? alot of people tell me to disipline her but I just cant

serenity062011
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

i started potty training my little girl very young to. one the things that we did in the beginning was everytime me or my husband went to use the bathroom or get a shower or before her bath or shower is we would put her on the potty. then as time went and she got used to it we put her on the potty as often as we can or when she tells us she needs to go. and i never used diapers while potty training and found out that pull ups are horrible for her because it increased any rashes she had on her butt so i wen to walmart and bought 3 pks of training pants for $6n and we used those. it seems to work because now she will be 2 in four days and uses mostly regular big girl underwear and hardly has accidents at all.

blogster
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Quoting edith810:

i have a 3 year old boy having such a hard time to potty train. i leave him in underwear no diaper but he just goes wherever i take him to his little toilet and he starts yelling i bought the pull ups with the cool feeling not working, the big kids dvd he likes the dvd but not where he has to go to the toilet. i need help he will turn 4 in august and want for him to be ready for school... i need help ladies...

blogster
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 4:07 PM
you need to find a video now and buy the cartoon the child likes so when you bring him to the bathroom u can bring that along so he can watch the show and he wont even think about going to the bathroom it will just come out
CarolynnN
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 9:18 PM

potty training was super frustfrated to me! because my daughter started going to the potty and telling us that she had to go at the age of 1 and half and then when she reached 2 she stop telling us and he had to start all over! the sticker and pizes worked for us! OHH.....!! and the POTTY DANCE!!

RutterMama
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Great tips!

Ladybugmama86
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 4:02 PM

My oldest was potty trained by 18 months as well, but my youngest dd is 2 1/2 and she is just now getting to the point were I can take her out and she will be dry. Have you tried giving her books and snacks while she sits on the potty? I did that at first with my youngest to encourage her to sit, then she would sit for a couple minutes before she got bored. Sometimes she peed accidently, sometimes not. Maybe try getting her to just sit on the potty with her clothes still on and make a game out of it? She could just not be ready. My youngest wasnt. Then I was getting somewhere with her, only I was due with a baby and she started catching on and referted back. Then I lost the baby and that send her even further back, so we are trying to start all over again.

Good luck

Quoting KRPK:

Any good ideas on getting started on potty training with an 18 month old little girl? Its been 12 yrs since Ive had a child so this is all new to me agin Lol she understands "lets go potty" very well and will fallow me into the bathroom sit on her potty but stay on it for 5 seconds. My other girls were already potty trained at this age but every child is dif so maybe she just not ready?! Thanks for any tips.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)