Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Click here for Toddler Tips: Potty Training, Discipline, Picky Eaters....

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to the Toddlers & Preschoolers group!

You're in just the right place for support, information, tips, and advice from moms just like you!

Visit the links below to find help with some of the most common topics facing moms with toddlers and preschoolers.

Plus, see what moms are talking about today in Toddlers & Preschoolers.

You can jump right in by replying to one of the discussions above or start a post of your own.

Thank you for being part of the Toddlers & Preschoolers group!

by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Replies (31-40):
pape
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 5:33 AM

My son who is 3yrs old does not like to go  montessori any more. Plz suggest me how he will began to go to the montessori

nat7771777
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:09 AM
Thank u for all the great tips :-):-):-)
Strother70
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 1:30 AM
Pretty complicated for wanting to trim my 4th olds toe nails ,no?
HappyBundle
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Hi! I am brand new to this group and have so may questions! Where do I even begin.??! :)

First off , I am a very happy mom of a two year old (she is 2 years and one month now) and I am expecting my 2nd in April 2013. During my first pregnancy,  I was FULL OF ENERGY (I actually felt like I was beaming). This time around ,it has been tough with fatigue and a bit of naseau.

Anyway, here are a few questions that I have:

1) My 2 year old peed on the pot for the fist time the day after she turned 2, but she has not done  it again since. Any suggestions to get her on track again? She often tells me she has to "pee-pee" and will go to the toilet and pull down her pull-ups, but then quickly changes her mind. How do we encourage her to do it again and remain consistent?

2) My toddler loves Pizza, Mac n cheese, pasta with grated cheese and sauce, chicken, and fish sticks. These foods seem to be all that she will really eat. We did have a short stint with broccolli (I was very happy with that) but now she avoids it. How do I incorporate more veggies? Any clever recipes that toddlers love?

annaica
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 2:26 AM
I could use suggestions for getting dd to sleep. she doesn't ever want to. I mentioned it to doctor briefly today during her well child visit but he didn't have any suggestions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudMom2634
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 4:22 AM

Thanks for the tips!!

bellebear
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Quoting edith810:

i have a 3 year old boy having such a hard time to potty train. i leave him in underwear no diaper but he just goes wherever i take him to his little toilet and he starts yelling i bought the pull ups with the cool feeling not working, the big kids dvd he likes the dvd but not where he has to go to the toilet. i need help he will turn 4 in august and want for him to be ready for school... i need help ladies...

I heard boys are harder to potty train.I'm just begging the process myself with my 21 month old boy.he is ready cause he don't like to be in diapers or pull ups. Its been a month since I started and he went in a couple times by himself! He was so proud had to get all of us to show us.both my daughters were trained by 3 and it was easy.every child is different.they let you know when they are ready.starting early is the key!! You introduce it and let them go on there own, praise them a lot when they do, don't ever yell at them when they don't! Get potty books.that helped with my daughters GOOD LUCK
bellebear
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Quoting HappyBundle:

Hi! I am brand new to this group and have so may questions! Where do I even begin.??! :)

First off , I am a very happy mom of a two year old (she is 2 years and one month now) and I am expecting my 2nd in April 2013. During my first pregnancy,  I was FULL OF ENERGY (I actually felt like I was beaming). This time around ,it has been tough with fatigue and a bit of naseau.

Anyway, here are a few questions that I have:

1) My 2 year old peed on the pot for the fist time the day after she turned 2, but she has not done  it again since. Any suggestions to get her on track again? She often tells me she has to "pee-pee" and will go to the toilet and pull down her pull-ups, but then quickly changes her mind. How do we encourage her to do it again and remain consistent?

2) My toddler loves Pizza, Mac n cheese, pasta with grated cheese and sauce, chicken, and fish sticks. These foods seem to be all that she will really eat. We did have a short stint with broccolli (I was very happy with that) but now she avoids it. How do I incorporate more veggies? Any clever recipes that toddlers love?

been having the same problem!! I made smoothies this smotning. I experimented with them and my kids love it! Esp my 21 month old. In the blender: add cheerios, bannana, 100% orange juice, milk, and ice. Put in can't cup with straw and they will beg for more. You can even add a veggie or more fruit. If you experiment you will find one they your child will love. They are so good for you!!
MrsMetalMama
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 3:02 PM

thank you for this share, very helpful :)

Aolson9309
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:41 AM

I had the same problem with my son he was 3 and a half before we even got him into using the potty... he is almost five now, he still has accidents at night but for the most part he does good.. any way we honestly started out telling him and taking him to the potty every 5 mins, feeding him lots of water so he would have to go. and even if he said he didnt have to go we took him anyway... i was told and seemed to be true for my son was to get one of the pottys that sit on the floor its easier for them and more comfortable when there feet touch the floor . and at night we still used diapers till he was doing good at day time i know it sounds tidious and alot of work but it does wrk cause i was so aggrivated with it i didnt no what else to do..  i was thinking the same i really want him start preschool when hes 4. and with this he was potty trained with in a few weeks and got to start preschool a few months later. after he kinda gets it down you can make the time further apart and give him rewards for it.. i had found that just giving him the rewards at first and telling him every hour didnt work for him,, but every child is different this worked for my son and he was a very difficult and stubborn child to potty trainand glad its over LOL!  hopefully my daughter will be alot easier...... good luck to you, and your potty training experience.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN