• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The dreaded B ... ***UPDATE***

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:39 AM
  • 10 Replies

I realize we're all still young & spry ;).

Have any of you ladies had a biopsy, or know anyone close who has. I've read the scientific description of the process, but would like to get the human experience too. I want to be prepared with questions & an idea of what I'm in for - it's happening at a German hospital & well... I'm not German. Not sure on how clear the communication will be.

***We are CANCER FREE! The biopsy came back negative! There is a slew of stuff going on in my arm pit (the area of concern), but cancer is not one of them! My lymph node is still swollen, they found a harmless fibroid, and the main reason for all the discomfort - extra breast tissue that wandered to my pit! So, if the pain continues for the next 6 months, they'll want to remove the extra tissue & fibroid! Yay!

And the German care absolutely ROCKED!! ***

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rnmom4lif
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:43 AM

ive never had a biopsy myself but i am a nurse.......what sort of biopsy are you having????

mom2cindylouwho
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:44 AM
Underarm lymph node

Quoting rnmom4lif:

ive never had a biopsy myself but i am a nurse.......what sort of biopsy are you having????

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rnmom4lif
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:52 AM

ok well for the most part if youve read what google has to say then you know the basics of the procedure. you can expect to be alittle sore afterwards but nothing too major. i think the worst part is waiting to see what the results will be. i dont really know much about how things work in the german hospitals as im a nurse in the states but i would ask about what they are using as a numbing agent (if anything) just from my experiance with pateints in the past i would recomend some sort of lidocaine or numbing agent just so that you are more comfortable throughout the procedure but not all doctors use this so its a good question to ask. the other is to be sure to ask what sort of signs you should look for in case an infection were to develop. generally youll want to call the docotr is you develop any redness, drainage or swelling at the insertion site or if you develop a temperature. hope this helps and good luck!

RobynS
by Robyn on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I haven't, but from what I understand, the biopsy itself is nothing compared to the agony of waiting for the results! Good luck, mama. Let us know how it goes!

.Angelica.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I've never had one. Good luck though, hope it goes well.

itscedes2u
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:27 AM
I've had moles biospied I imaging its kinda similar. With moles they remove a minuscule amount of skin and check for cancerous cells. I imagine with a lymphnode they use a needle to remove cells to test them. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasKaty
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:31 AM
I've had biopsies but not underarm lymph node... I know someone that did though. There was anesthetic so it wasn't painful. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bec94
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:35 AM
I had one on my breast. It wasn't painful, and it was quick. I don't recall pain after. I may have taken Tylenol after. It's been about 6 yrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmama1
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Good luck. I hope everything works out well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2cindylouwho
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Bump for good news
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)