Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whiney Husbands:(

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:13 AM
  • 4 Replies

First, I want to say that my husband is a great dad. I don't want to sound like I am bragging, but he took a job that would allow him to spend more time with the kids. He makes breakfast every day. He tries to take each of them out individually at least once every other week for a "special day". He helps clean and do laundry. Overall, I could not ask for more! However, he takes things very personally because he knows he contributes more than most hubbies. My girls, who are 2 and 7, often go through spells and moods like most little ones. Whenever they are "mommy oriented", he gets super offended. This happens a LOT with my 2 year old. I am home with her all day every day and she is very attached to me. She will actually say things like "I dont want daddy! yucky daddy!". I know it makes him feel bad...but he gets REALLY offended and acts like it is his adult BFF that is treating him this way. When this happens, I feel like I have two whiney two year olds in my house!

Any suggestions? I am at a loss how to explain to a grown man that kids do this. I think in his heart, he knows this, but he still behaves with such self pity.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Abee2202
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:37 AM
I am a working mommy and we have a similar situation. Right now she loves me best. I just tell my husband he'll have his soon enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amirah786
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Tell him to keep at it and find articles that show that toddlers are more usually attached to their mothers at this age due to the Mom bond from you carrying her.....or being so close to her as a newborn...as she gets older she'll realize mommy is about business and Daddy is fun cause he goes to work and isn't as frustrated from being at the house all day....LOL...I don't know if thats your exact situation, but all mine were attached to me since I would nurse them and spend lots of time with them when they were little due to Dad working but now he walks in the door and they all go crazy, like they haven't seen him for months...It's kinda like Dad can do no wrong. But I def understand the whiney Hubbie thing, mine is a cancer and he is super sensitive.......while he's gone talk about him lots to your 2 yr old and have her make "pictures" and crafts she can do for him to help him keep his spirits up and allow her to go to him on her terms....tell him not to force it.....she'll be all over him soon enough!!! hope this helps!!!

zolanmel
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:59 PM
I have no idea. I have 2 daddies girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Sorry! I wish there was something that I could do or say to help you out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)