Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dance classes

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:52 PM
  • 16 Replies
Have any of you mamas put your 2 1/2-3 year olds in dance classes? If so have they stuck with it and enjoyed it?
My dd will be 2 1/2 in March and will be old enough to start dance. I would like to sign her up but a few of my friends with older kids have warned me not to saying they started their kids too early and they feel like they lost interest.
Thoughts? Opinions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zolanmel
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:55 PM
I want o but haven't had the chance.

Sounds like it would be fun.
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:57 PM
My dd had the choice between dance or gymnastics at 3. She chose gymnastics (it wasn't an easy choice lol) and has been in it ever since. No loss of interest here. If its something she is into, she'll stick with it, if not, she won't. There's no telling until you've tried! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinners.mama
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:01 PM
If you don't want to commit to an entire semester then contact your city's recreational dept. They normally offer classes of all types at 4-6 week intervals. Also you can check into your local ymca..the one I used to teach at did the sessions monthly so the kids weren't commited to one thing all year and they could try dance, gymnastics, soccer..whatever. but when you call be sure to ask about what ages their programs start at. Some don't start until the age of 3.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I don't know about dance classes wish I could be more help.

mama_911
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Thanks ladies! I'll check out the YMCA near us, good idea :) the dance studio I was looking at signing dd up in starts them at 2 1/2 but most others I've checked out start at 3. I would love to put her in gymnastics but every place I've looked is so expensive!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasKaty
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM
If I had a little girl, I would! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Debalexxa
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:27 PM
I started my dd at 3 1/2 she did not enjoy it she cried and refused to be a part of the group she got through 2 months but we called it quits ....just wasn't for her...she loves to dance and loves ballet but maybe when she's older....I hope any way :) I have to be honest and say I think I wanted it more...its so cute and so much fun to watch them...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinners.mama
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Check the ymca for gymnastics too ;)

Quoting mama_911:

Thanks ladies! I'll check out the YMCA near us, good idea :) the dance studio I was looking at signing dd up in starts them at 2 1/2 but most others I've checked out start at 3. I would love to put her in gymnastics but every place I've looked is so expensive!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katzmeow726
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:07 PM

DD is starting in a couple of months.  It's a class for 2.5-4 year olds. I can't wait, she absolutely LOVES to dance.

erinsmom1964
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:15 PM

YES Erin takes a ballet tap class on Fridays.  She started right after turning 2 about 9 months ago.  She enjoys it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)