• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pageants??

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:22 PM
  • 11 Replies
I'm going to put my 3yr old dd in the local valentines day pageant. The attire is casual & I was thinking of making a tutu & adding hearts and rhinestones to it and then a huge pink bow & a generic valentines type shirt. But then I also thought of just getting a Sunday dress & glaming it up some. Idk yet.

Can I see some of your casual pageant wear pics please?!? Thx!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.heart.myboys
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I've never done one before! I have son as well. Good luck and hope you get some good pictures to get some ideas.

crimsonangel180
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:38 PM
I've never put dd in one have you search google images?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ddhb2007
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:44 PM
We don't do pageants.
krystaldawn_21
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I did a pageant with my dd once. I just put her in a sundays best outfit. She won 2nd place. I think a sundays best and glamming it up a bit would be good.
.Angelica.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:10 PM

never done one.

rHOPEb
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I've never done one and probably won't put my kid in one.  HOWEVER, if I was going to then I'd put her in one of her pretty poofy church dresses.  And then put glitter on her hair and give her some jewelry to wear.  :)  My daughter has a few long poofy dresses for church and many sparkly ones.  You may be able to find an after christmas dress on sale right now that is right for the valentine's theme.  Good luck and have fun!!!!! :D

FourSpAcesLeFt
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Thanks! I think that's the route I'll probably take. My stbxh (dd dad), Wanted to put her in them since birth & I always said no. I just don't like the idea of forcing something on her. Well, she asked so I figured why my do this local one. It's small, my cousin is last years Teen Miss Trenton & will be crowning so I think it'll add a little more fun for her. I don't see it lasting, but I don't see how it could hurt to try once ;)

ESP since I'm not going crazy & putting her in a glitz pageant. I'll post pics after the pageant. ;)

Quoting rHOPEb:

I've never done one and probably won't put my kid in one.  HOWEVER, if I was going to then I'd put her in one of her pretty poofy church dresses.  And then put glitter on her hair and give her some jewelry to wear.  :)  My daughter has a few long poofy dresses for church and many sparkly ones.  You may be able to find an after christmas dress on sale right now that is right for the valentine's theme.  Good luck and have fun!!!!! :D

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Can't wait to see pictures!!!!!!!!!  :D  My friend put her daughter in a 4th of July pageant, it was small and local too.  I think my daughter would LOVE to do it but I think I will stick with dance.  :)  

Quoting FourSpAcesLeFt:

Thanks! I think that's the route I'll probably take. My stbxh (dd dad), Wanted to put her in them since birth & I always said no. I just don't like the idea of forcing something on her. Well, she asked so I figured why my do this local one. It's small, my cousin is last years Teen Miss Trenton & will be crowning so I think it'll add a little more fun for her. I don't see it lasting, but I don't see how it could hurt to try once ;)

ESP since I'm not going crazy & putting her in a glitz pageant. I'll post pics after the pageant. ;)

Quoting rHOPEb:

gsae
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:42 PM

My little one asked me if she could be in a pagent and I said sure hunny mommy will talk to daddy about it.....She said ok went to her room and came out wearing a pair of sweatpants under a sun dress with a spring jacket on along with winter gloves and hat!  She said mommy will this do?  I had to turn aroung to answer to avoid laughing and of course I took a picture (on my phone) she was so proud of herself for getting all ready.....I think most little girls would love to get all dressed up :)  Have fun

Lita5202
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:55 PM

She was tired....They NEVER work around naps. It's just a red tutu and a white tank with hearts and a hearts heandband.  but either would be fine. Every judge is different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)