Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training tips?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:22 PM
  • 6 Replies

My daughter is two now, and yes, I know that most kids don't start really potty training until they are three, but my daughter is showing a very big interest in the potty. And at one point she was even using the potty daily for both pee and poo. But she peed on the floor once a few months ago by accident and when she saw that we all gasped, she stopped, cried, and hasn't potty trained since. I know she just had an accident, but no one scolded her. But now she keeps asking for the potty but only sits on it for thirty seconds and jumps down and asks to was her hands.

I am open to ANY and ALL tips! Please help us get her back on track!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Kris_PBG
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:46 PM

My boys both learned at 2 and pretty quickly.

For them, lots of naked time was really helpful.  It helped them connect the feeling to the act and made getting to the potty in a hurry super easy.

We also never did the pull ups.  My boys treated them as diapers.  We went from diapers to underwear when they boys wanted to.  They did really well with that combo!  Good luck!

isaactalon
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:25 PM

My son is 30 months old and while I was sicker then a dog from catching a bug at work he decided that we finally wanted to start using his potty chair.. I forced myself through being sick and every hour asked him if he needed to pee and he did now we are on a week of using the potty to pee in..only a wet diaper from nap or bed time..we have had an accident the past two days once each day we were with alot of family and other kids around so he was to caught up in whats going on around him...( while I was sick he kept pointing at the bath room saying pee mommy pee.. I asked him if he had to pee in the potty he said yes so i went and got it and he did)

babowes
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Potty when they first wake in the am
Potty before nap
After nap
Before bath
Put diaper back on each time. For one month. Then do naked metho for three days and potty every 20 min. Offer lots of liquids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shutterNERD
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Thank you! I will definitely start putting some of these to work. Lorelei is very vocal and speaks very clearly, but sometimes she is hard to understand! She wants to potty but doesn't want to sit more than thirsty second to let it happen.

crimsonangel180
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:37 PM
This is going to sound gross but say you have to go potty close the door put some water on the floor and have her see your accident then show her that you still use the potty. It prolly scared her and she may respond well that others have accidents also
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I don't think it's true that most kids start training at 3. my son has been out of diapers since 19 months.

I'm not sure on how to get her to start going in the potty again besides just putting her in underwear. My son did the bare bottom method.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)