• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Swear Words...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:53 PM
  • 9 Replies

Lately, when Noah plays with his LeapPad, cars or trains...anything really... he's been saying "bitch" a lot lately. I have no idea why or where he picked this up, but it's bugging me! haha

My question is does anyone have any advice on how I can get him to stop? I told him it's a bad word, but not sure how to go about this.

*~*DS born 8/3/09, 11 lbs 6oz 23in*~*

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Abee2202
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:12 PM
My kid said "f***ed" a few times. I never repeated the word but instead said we don't say bad words and put her in a time out. Three time outs later and she stopped saying it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:02 PM

no clue. my spn doesn't know any bad words so i haven't had to deal with this yet

RobynS
by Robyn on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Don't make TOO big a deal of it, or that might cause him to do it more. Find a word he can replace it with and remind him to use that one instead. I would punish for it if the gentle reminders don't work. Good luck!

PEEK05
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:58 PM

LOL maybe he is trying to say something else.

NaniMami317
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Bump. Our puppy pooped on the kitchen floor this morning and my daughter said "did you shit?" That was the first and last time she swore. But I just told her she better not use that language ever again. Shes 4yo so hes at the age where you only have to say something once
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gsae
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I agree with one of the mommas that said to find a word to replace it or find out why he is saying it.  Maybe he is frustrated or mad and you can help him replace that word with what is really going on.  My 4 year old knows better but sometimes I hear my 2 year say a word she heard her daddy or one of his friends say and I just have to remind her how to express herself better....I have even started that with my husband haha

Stephernie88
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I wish I could catch him on video of him saying it, but its totally random and he says it maybe twice when he's playing. We were in Target Friday night and he was playing a game, I was with my mom shopping for groceries and all of a sudden, clear as day, I hear "BITCH" I was like excuse me?! lmao My mom was like did he just say what I think he just said? He doesn't talk a whole lot, he's getting better, but that was so clear I was like ok next section of the store lol

mypbandj
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM
That's what I was thinking too.

Quoting PEEK05:

LOL maybe he is trying to say something else.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marscella
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:00 AM
When my ds started saying cus words, my husband almost passed out! Lol he said " ass" my husban immediately yelled at him while I asked if he knew what ass meant ~ of course he didn't so I explained ass was another word for butt and since cuss words don't sound nice especially outta little boys mouths, we say butt. He was ok with the answer an hasn't said it again. Same thing with shit~ the husband wanted to punish him but I asked if he knew what it meant ~ he didn't I explained, found a nice replacement word and he hasn't said it since ;) also its important to note, I didn't make a bug deal about it. The husband did but I quickly shot him down and just acted casually an explained things to him it works so far and he ll b 5 in 2 weeks !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)