Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trouble with the toddler

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:17 PM
  • 4 Replies

My 4yr old is having some major behavior problems.  First off  he has autistic traits.  His communication skills are lacking.  He goes to pre-school and is in a ECD class for his needs.  He throws tantrums, (screaming and throwing hiself on the ground) type of stuff, and I have a hard time calming him down.  Time- outs dont work.  He also is starting to hit other kids.  I was looking for any tips or advice on how to deal with these types of situations.  Any helpful methods would be appreciated.  

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
RobynS
by Robyn on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Have you had him evaluated for autism? Or is that just a guess. If you haven't, I'd start there. Beyond that... I'm not real sure what to tell you. Sorry! Maybe something will come to me tomorrow when my brain is fresh! LOL Feeling a little foggy right now.

Good luck, mama!

haleykj
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:26 PM
I'm sure when he's in school you have to work but whenever possible if you or a family member or teacher could have a's much time with him to observe a's he plays wit friends you can provide him with the words necessary to ask for what he wants or ask for turns etc the types of things that mYbe set him off. If u haven't already I would consider speech therapy it works wonders for behavior! Good luck keep your chin up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shhine
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I have had my concerns about him since he was 18 months, but his teacher at his school said she thinks he has some minor autistic traits.  I have a scheduled appointment for him to be evaluated coming up soon.  We are pretty sure that he has autism though, or atleast some of the traits.  His behavior problem has just increased lately and its getting harder.

Shhine
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Yes he has speech therepy one on one with a speech teacher at school.  He has gotten alot better with his speech since he started school.  He just has some behavior issues going on.  I have been trying to let him grow out of it, but he is almost 5 and its gotten overboard annoying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)