Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

My 4 yo wont stfu!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 11:25 PM
  • 64 Replies

I feel awful saying it that way but its so true. He just talks and talks and talks and no matter how much I talk back he always has more to say. I'm so glad he is outgoing and expressive and smart enough to verbalize Everything but I am not a big 'chit chatter' and I can only carry on 4yo conversation for so long. How do I get him to appreciate the beauty of silence?

by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllThatBabyJazz
by Melissa on Jan. 25, 2012 at 11:26 PM
4 moms liked this

I feel bad for your kid. 

LisaMichelle.H
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 11:29 PM
He sounds like mine! So I totally get it. I still haven't figured out how to get him to talk less. Lol I just tell myself this will be good in the long run!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlueRay
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AllThatBabyJazz:

I feel bad for your kid. 

Do you have anything constructive to add?

pinupbeauty90
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Talking is way better than crying which is all my DD does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasKaty
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 11:35 PM
3 moms liked this
Sorry you are frustrated :( Maybe yall could make a puppet show (cardboard box and puppets from brown paper sacks).. then he can talk for all of his characters (in another room while you get peace)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kattrania
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 11:38 PM

When  my son starts and won't stop, I tell him to quiet down some ( he seem to do it when we are watching a show or when I'm trying to read a story to him and his younger siblings)

HaileysMommy130
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Omg I know! My 5 yo dd talks and talks all day!!!!
I'm just glad that I have a perfectly healthy child! My cousins child is 7, he has autism and asbergers... He barely says a word. He make me thankful my child can speak. It's so difficult watching a family member with his issues.... That's why I don't bother telling my daughter to quiet down :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melakay1981
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM

My daughter was much worse than my son.  sometimes i would just tell her that mommy needed a few minutes of quiet time and she would usually go find something to do.  Or there is always the "lock yourself in the bathroom and say you are pooping trick"  LOL!

Kattrania
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I'll have to try that

Quoting TexasKaty:

Sorry you are frustrated :( Maybe yall could make a puppet show (cardboard box and puppets from brown paper sacks).. then he can talk for all of his characters (in another room while you get peace)

MamaSulli2005
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 11:44 PM

lol mine does too, he's almost 5 now though so he's started to settle down but at that age their minds are just wandering and when I get the incessant 20 question game as I'm trying to get4 kids out thedoor I have to tell myself "this is how he learns"...it gets better ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)