Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Cure Cabin Fever Day 6: Have an Indoor Picnic

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 12:53 PM
  • 91 Replies
1 mom liked this

Who needs a park when you have a perfectly good playroom?

Pack a picnic basket (if you don’t have one, a laundry basket will do!) with tasty treats and set off for an indoor picnic! Lay a blanket on the floor and eat off paper plates!

What tasty treats will you bring in your basket? Does your family do picnics in the park in the warmer weather?

apple

Click here to find other great activities for your toddler or preschooler!

by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaT1983
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes we love picnics!!! I made avacodo and cream cheese sandwiches and the kids love PB&j. We love to go to the park next to river. The view is awesome and there is an ice cream shop right down the way from it.
barnwell84
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

We do picnics on the weekends for lunch in the living room.  We'll put a movie in & have our lunch on a blanket in the middle of the living room.  My daughter loves it.

KZ_MoMmA
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 12:42 AM
We would have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, ants on a log, Apples and carrots. Some juice to drink.
We have thought about having a picnick at the park, but dh never wakes up in time to enjoy the afternoon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bayliesmommy
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 12:45 AM
DD and I do this often. Pb&j is our favorite!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsmac521
by Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I love carpet picnics.  We have one weekly, we put in a movie and have dinner on the living room floor.  The kids love it too!

StephanAndCoral
by Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 12:49 AM
We have done a few picnics. The last one got started because I was talking with my kids about when their grandma would take my siblings and me on a picnic. She would make her yummy macaroni salad and homemade fried chicken. Then the next day we would get up pack for the day then leave and go where ever my mom picked for that day. It was interesting not know where we were going until we got there. So my kids said they wanted a picnic so I got fried chicken, macaroni salad, fruit, and homemade sweet tea and we went to a local park in the next city over. While we ate we talked about when I was little, when DH was little, about everything going on around us, and about the deer walking by :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Love picnics! We like fruit, sandwiches, chips and dip and yogurt. We love eating in the living room on our big plastic table cloth (easy to just wipe off and spills). Fun times!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arcadedweller
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Fun!  I think I will pack a picnic tonight and surprise the family in the morning. A Thermos bottle filled with juice, sandwiches, mixed fruit, some pretzels.  And Mallo Cups & graham crackers to make microwave s'mores for dessert!  We can even eat in front of a window & watch the snow fall as we picnic! :)  Thanks for the terrific idea.  I think this will be a lot of fun, and could even become a fun tradition for our family.  :)

mrsfishes
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:16 AM

DD will love helping me lay out the blanket for this one!

GirlWithANikon
by Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

We love picnics but have never had one indoors lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)