Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Cure Cabin Fever Day 2: Make Beautiful Music

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:01 AM
  • 116 Replies

...Or just a lot of noise! Your kids will think you’re the coolest when you break out the pots and pans and bang ‘em together like you’re in a band! Got a piano? Let ‘em go to town! Break out your high school flute and let them give it a toot! Need something a little quieter? Let them play the “bongos” on the back of sturdy Tupperware or get silly and sing songs in whisper!

Do your kids love to bang pots and pans? Do you play any real instruments together? Share your stories!

whistling

Click here to find other great activities for your toddler or preschooler!

by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cynt1020
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Sorry my pots and pans are for cooking only,, So i let him play his sisters play kitchen set lol, still made alot of noise... lol.... Yes he love to blow this recorder his sister got from music class, it's so funny to see him do it.....

LizJones1229
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:34 AM

They have a toy music set but I usually let them use tupperware of bowls as drums and give them a wooden spoon... and a plastic straw when you blow threw it whistles.. they love it!!!

our3
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:53 AM

ooo No sorry I dont let them bang my pots and pans lol. But them do have musical toys like a tamborine, keyboard, microphone, and we have made rain sticks to gether also .

JoceyMcG
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I have an older son who is 20. He lets my little one (2 1/2) play with his real keyboards and guitars. It's fun to watch the 2 of them make "unique" music together!simple smile

WheelersWife88
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Conner has a toy story guitar and then a kids music set that he loves to make noise with. I don't let him play with the pots and pans but he does sometimes get to play with the Tupperware and the big plastic spoons.=]

LivinDeadGurl
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 12:17 PM

My kids actually have guitars and a set of drums. They also LOVE harmonicas.

Sophie4910
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Sophie has a toy guitar
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tree-Tree
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 12:19 PM
I let my kids bang on pots and pans they love it and keeps them busy while i cook. They also have drums and a keyboard and the older 2 have guitars. Needless to say it can get loud here lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger

I have a boy....so he LOVES making sounds with whatever he can find :)

hopealways4019
We never did pots and pans, but my son got a guitar for Christmas, my 3 yr old daughter, love playing it and trying to sing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN