Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Midwinter toddler boredom

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone else had this problem-my 2 year old (I am a SAHM) has lost interest in her toys...well, she will still play by herself sometimes, but more and more she whines to watch tv. I don't like her to watch so much tv, I feel like it's a shoddy excuse for interactioni, but we live in the country and don't go out a whole lot. I don't mind, I never run out of things to do, but keeping her occupied in a healthy way is driving me bonkers!!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
PAmommy32
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I have a two year old son, who is pretty active.  When we are at stuck at home we sometimes just bundle up and go outside.  Inside, we play chase down the hall, make tents with blankets and furniture and he even gets to jump on the bed or couch (always supervised).  We do games too like ring-around-the-rosie or hide-n-seek.  Also, something that helps us with the toy boredom is to put a few away for a while and then bring them back out later or just move the favorites around into a different room.  Sounds silly but a toy seems more interesting in a new location.  Some winter days do seem to drag though.  Good luck.

sophiesmom07
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Did you join the cafemom cure cabin fever challenge? Look for the post at the top of the page. They have lots of ideas! 

RobynS
by Robyn on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Mine is doing okay this winter, but we've had an extremely mild winter--so she actually gets to play outside some. :)

.Angelica.
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:00 PM

this

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Did you join the cafemom cure cabin fever challenge? Look for the post at the top of the page. They have lots of ideas! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)