• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has your child outgrown a peanut allergy?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:23 PM
  • 6 Replies
It was just confirmed that my one year old has a level 2 peanut allergy. Doc said at age 2 she will give him peanuts to see how he'll react, as he could outgrow the allergy. Has your child outgrown it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
RobynS
by Robyn on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Mine don't have any allergies that I know of. I have 36 of them! I sure hope *I* outgrow mine! LOL Seriously, though--it's good to know that it's possible. Good luck!

FarmGirl2B
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hottmommi42
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM
We don't have peanut allergies, but my kids we allergic to many things until this last year, they both have pretty much out grown them all. They are now 6 & 3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:18 PM

THat sounds greAT! Hope it goes well! Mine don't have any allergies..knock on wood.

LAH2x
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I am deathly allergic, found out as a kid I was allergic, never outgrew it. So far DD is ok with peanuts, I didn't offer them til she was 2, she did fine. It is just a wait and watch now because as I got older my reaction got worse, it wasn't "deadly" til I was 8/9 years old.

FarmGirl2B
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Wow! I hope the reactions don't get worse! He seems to do ok if he eats a monster cookie with pb in it, it was the straight pb he swelled up from.

Quoting LAH2x:

I am deathly allergic, found out as a kid I was allergic, never outgrew it. So far DD is ok with peanuts, I didn't offer them til she was 2, she did fine. It is just a wait and watch now because as I got older my reaction got worse, it wasn't "deadly" til I was 8/9 years old.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)