• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pest management

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM
  • 3 Replies
Got a notification today, from my daughters preschool class today, that they are extermination school this weekend for treatment of roaches. The school looks pretty clean, last year the older kids, were littering hallways, which I thought, they should have, had more control over that. But roaches, or rats don't discriminate, sometimes, they can set up shop in best neighborhood. My question, your kids school ever had a problem with insects, etc?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Karen_S
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Never heard of a roach problem at our school, but we live in SoCal, so termite treatment is pretty routine around here.  We did have a child with head lice (uggghhh) a couple weeks ago, and the school washed all the pillows and curtains and stuff, but it seems like no one else caught it.

I've heard  that roaches can live off of all kinds of crazy things, like the glue on card boxes, and books and other non-food things.  So just because your school has roaches doesn't necessarily mean they aren't hygeinic.  

TexasKaty
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Yes.. roaches... rats.. crickets.. ants... and bats! They had to shut down my school because bats got in!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:20 PM
I have no idea, but we live in north FL currently I'm sure the big giant roaches they get here go into schools sometimes... They really freak me out, I hate them. I know they have to be coming back soon. Lol Ugh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)