Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my daughter wont use the potty shes 3!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:11 PM
  • 9 Replies
Shes only uses it half way. How do I get her to do both numbers on the potty? Any help? Thanks.
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
yksurepa_570
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Do you still use diappers? If so stop. Take them away. If she don't have them to use she will not like the feeling and want to use the toilet. I did it with dd and it seems to have worked. She is fully potty trained.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
do11face
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

mine, either.

she turned 3 last week.
She absolutely refuses to have anything to do with it.

And I've tried everything. She won't even put on panties.
I'm just going to wait until she is ready. Fighting about it isn't worth to me.

do11face
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Quoting yksurepa_570:

Do you still use diappers? If so stop. Take them away. If she don't have them to use she will not like the feeling and want to use the toilet. I did it with dd and it seems to have worked. She is fully potty trained.

HA! I tried that. It didn't work.

babymaycker
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:22 PM

my god daughter does the same and is 3.5. 

a friend of mine has the same issue with her 4 year old. 

i wish i had some advice! just know you arent alone and there isnt anything wrong with your little one!

yourpassion
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter didn't train until one month before her 4th birthday. I tried everything. But presents for poop worked, candy for pee. She could have cared less about the candy. But I had 7 presents for her wrapped up. If she pooped in the potty she got to pick one. But once she was out of presents she was on her own. She did fine.

Good luck! I know your pain. But she will eventually do it, I promise! Even though you don't think so. I kept telling myself in a year or sooner I will have a great story to tell but going through it was exasperating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elle661
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:31 PM

we do use the diapers especially overnight.  Thanks for the tip!

Elle661
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM

thanks ladies.  I guess her going half way and sometime all the time elsewhere is confusing to me.  Not to mention expensive.  Thanks for all the tips and feedback.

Elle661
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I really like that wrapped present idea.  Thanks.

homextownxgirl
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:44 PM
This may work it may not... But when my oldest was potty traning i told her she was a big girl wearing panties and when she would use it on her self i'd hold my nose and say shew u stink... It got to the point to where i made her clean her poopie underwear.. That never worked by the way... I had the hardest time with her ever... Then i started talking to her about head start and all the kool things she would get to do and babies cant go to head start... But big girls that wear painties and use the potty gets to go... Thats how i did it ever kid has there own thing that works.. My cousin let her's pic there snack if they done good that day... The important thing is keep at it dont quit or give up... You will find what works.... Much love and good luck.. Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)