Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty seat or Potty??? What do you prefer???

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM
  • 9 Replies

Does your LO use a potty seat or an actual potty? I am trying to figure out which one is better to use. DD has her own bathroom and it's not too big but I think there is room to put her potty in there if we choose to get her that. Anyone have a preference????

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
storkradio193
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM

My LO goes through stages/times of using the potty, but is not fully trained yet.  She usually sits on the potty seat right now.

MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM

We started out with the potty until she got the hang of things.Then moved to using the potty seat during the day,and kept the potty in her room at night ( she was too scared to come out of her room at night to potty when she was first potty trained at 2 yrs,lol)

kidnappedbylove
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:14 PM

We used the Baby Bjorn potty (below) while she was really young and first learning. When she got to be about 2.5 we switching to a seat that goes directly on the potty so we don't have to worry about cleaning out the little potty all the time. If you're starting at 2.5 or older, and your child is coordinated enough to get up and down without a problem, I'd just get a seat for the regular potty so you can just flush.

babymaycker
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:27 PM

haha the title made me laugh "why yes, i LOVE the real potty!" jk. 

but to answer your question, potty seat was good tool to train and teach on, but my son stands up at the potty since 2.5 and poops on the big toilet with a toddler cover seat

hunterskysmom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Potty chair here when we start
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Makynzies_Mommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:30 PM
My dd has an elmo seat that goes on the potty. She loves it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiebug840204
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:31 PM
I bought both and let my kids decide hat they wanted to use. Mine all started out with potty chairs and as soon as they wanted to move to the big potty we moved them there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dreamer_8291
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:36 PM
We started with her potty chair and then put the seat on the big potty. But at daycare is when she really started to use the potty and they use just the toilet. So that's what we changed to at home. DD's been in her big girl underwear for a week and a half without an accident!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:43 PM
big potty from day one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)