• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP He just will not listen AT ALL

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:03 PM
  • 14 Replies

My almost 3 year old is such a sweet and loving little boy but he does not listen....at all.

he's very defiant....always says "NO"....he's got sooooo much energy it's insane....all he does is talk talk talk. and i know it's normal for a child his age, obviously, to be hyper but OH MAN.

Nothing works as far as discipline goes. Spankings dont phase him, neither does time outs in the corner or in his room. He's AWFUL in public...just AWFUL. Not so much that he throws huge fits but he just runs rampant and climbs and crawls on EVERYTHING.

I just dont know what to do anymore....he makes me want to pull my hair out EVERY DAY. I have become a "yeller" and I hate it. :( it makes me feel sooo bad but it's the only thing that gets his attention and i just...i wish i could find some better, effective way, that would work to get him to at least listen most of the time.

Sigh...anyone have any suggestions? techniques? anything

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crimsonangel180
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:13 PM
I'm in the same boat as you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Burge
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommystiebler
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Do you have Comcast/xfinity? I like watching America's Supernanny on demand. It's on lifetime, so maybe you could watch it on their websites. I don't do everything that they say, but I try to pick a discipline technique that I think will work with my kiddos. Like with one family, the mom used a bell to let the kids know when they had gone too far away or that they needed to listen. It worked! My two run rampant at home, but in public they are pretty good. 

They like playing with playdoh. Maybe at home find things to keep him engaged? Playing playdoh, finger painting, something

Crazy_Daze
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:01 PM

How long do you try out one particular act of discipline?

homextownxgirl
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:06 PM
I dont know if you have tried to take things away.. But i had to take my oldest one (when she was little) everything away she had her bed an a weeks worth of cloths.... It worked she had to do as she was told.. Talk softly, earn her things back this way... It may work it may not... I hated that stage... Bad thing to go through.. For the both of you... Mine lasted about a whole year... Suxs.... Hugs and just love him and let him know that... Your going to be fine...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Burge
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I do. i always catch supernany late at night and just stay up watching it...it's one of my favorite shows. I've been trying (for what seems like FOREVER now) her time out/calm down corner technique and it just doesn't even phase my son.

Quoting mommystiebler:

Do you have Comcast/xfinity? I like watching America's Supernanny on demand. It's on lifetime, so maybe you could watch it on their websites. I don't do everything that they say, but I try to pick a discipline technique that I think will work with my kiddos. Like with one family, the mom used a bell to let the kids know when they had gone too far away or that they needed to listen. It worked! My two run rampant at home, but in public they are pretty good. 

They like playing with playdoh. Maybe at home find things to keep him engaged? Playing playdoh, finger painting, something

Gweneveer
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

123 Magic!  

Mommy_Burge
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:50 AM

soooo a couple people now have said this book and i've heard it elsewhere before....

what exactly is it? lol.

Quoting Gweneveer:

123 Magic!  

Gweneveer
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Its a discipline program to use.  It works!!!!  Check with your local library to see if they have a copy of the book or dvd.  You WILL see results in less than two weeks!!!  It worked wonders in my household!

Quoting Mommy_Burge:

soooo a couple people now have said this book and i've heard it elsewhere before....

what exactly is it? lol.

Quoting Gweneveer:

123 Magic!  

Mommy_Burge
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

That would be AMAZING!!!! :D I have a local used book store around here too that ALWAYS has EVERY book i nthe world so i might just check there too :D

Quoting Gweneveer:

Its a discipline program to use.  It works!!!!  Check with your local library to see if they have a copy of the book or dvd.  You WILL see results in less than two weeks!!!  It worked wonders in my household!

Quoting Mommy_Burge:

what exactly is it? lol.

Quoting Gweneveer:

123 Magic!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)