Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Living Social and Groupon?

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 12:16 PM
  • 37 Replies
Have you ever used them?
Good experiences?
What have you scored?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TexasKaty
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Yes! I use Groupon a lot!! Ive scored 50% off things I use anyway--- gelato, spray tanning, bounce house--- lots of times. :) They have massages, restaurants, and other things that I like, too. My friends have done half price skydiving and horseback riding
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SmileyMoo
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Never heard of them. What is it?

LML1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Groupn, not so good, movie tickets

gracie0221
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:05 PM

We mostly buy from groupon. We have always had good experiences. We have bought mostly from restaurants, usually when you get about half off.

corrinacs
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Yes, I used Living Social to get aweekend getaway.  Unfortunately, they booked too many people for the getaway and when we called them up, they didn't have any rooms left (however that happened)....so we had to get our thing returned.  We haven't used either ever since.

babowes
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 2:14 PM
A webite that post deals for about 48 hours. Then you have about 6 months to a year to use them. It is paid for upfront then you use your smart phone or print a copy of the voucher to take into the retailer.

Quoting SmileyMoo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babowes
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Wow....really glad they returned your money.

Quoting corrinacs:

Yes, I used Living Social to get aweekend getaway.  Unfortunately, they booked too many people for the getaway and when we called them up, they didn't have any rooms left (however that happened)....so we had to get our thing returned.  We haven't used either ever since.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasKaty
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM
They also have "Now Deals" which expire much sooner-- usually by the end of the day. They are great deals! :)

Quoting babowes:

A webite that post deals for about 48 hours. Then you have about 6 months to a year to use them. It is paid for upfront then you use your smart phone or print a copy of the voucher to take into the retailer.

Quoting SmileyMoo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danarae1976
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 2:24 PM

They never have anything in my area.   I live in small town Montana.   They have stuff for a town 2 hours away....

ddhb2007
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 2:43 PM
I've used both of them. I'm careful to only buy what I can use though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)