Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT I am going to KILL my neighbors

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:38 AM
  • 8 Replies

So last night we called the cops on our neighbors for all the screaming (from an argument) and banging (like they were chasing each other through the house, throwing each other around and the furniture) they were making upstairs. This is AFTER we talked to them and our landlord about the noise issue. Did I mention it was 1:30AM when we called the cops? Yeah....our DS was awake through all of that damn noise...who normally goes to bed at 7:30PM.

Did I mention 15-20 people live in a 800sq ft 2 bedroom apartment? Most of them are above 30 or 40 years old with infants, toddlers, and children of their own.....Yeah......no comment on that one.

So, I am not being unreasonable when I say, I gave them a few chances. So tonight is 11:21PM and they are PURPOSELY making noise (which has been going on since 6AM). They purposely stomp up and down the apartment stairs and around their apartment. Purposely banging and making noise. Even purposely going outside (after looking out the window to see we are leaving) to jump in their truck and spin their tires (kicking up gravel from our driveway at us and our vehicle) and speed out of the driveway.....while our son was standing by our car (DH was putting him in the car, and saved him from flying rocks by covering him). All because they are angry that we called 911 (and they are most likely illegal, so it was probably very scary for them) but I felt I had NO CHOICE since our landlord doesn't do anything and just says "I talked to them."

So I have, again, told them to stop making noise because our baby is trying to sleep. The noise hasn't stopped. The cops say its not their problem if the wife doesn't report domestic voilence and to talk to our landlord about the noise.

Now I want to take a paintball gun and shoot their doors, windows and vehicles out of anger (thankfully I don't own a paintball gun and will never own a paintball gun).

(Final note: Last week they wrecklessly crashed into the ditch in front of our driveway (speeding on black ice), destroying their truck they use to get to work, all 4 mailboxes for our forplex, and injuring all 4 passengers. They didn't have insurance and chose to fix our mailboxes out of their pockets so they wouldn't get sued. Being trained in the medical field, I was the one who called 911 and was first to respond to their accident to insure all passengers were safe.)

****I am not racist in any way. Half of my family is from Argentina and the other half from Poland. We immigrated here and established citizenship. I am one of the FIRST U.S. born citizens of my family, and some of my family are on visas. So I am not saying this out of hate of a certain group of people in any way, just upset we have rude neighbors.****

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MasterAtArms
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:09 AM

I hate neighbors.

charliebean
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Is your property owned by an individual or a company? If it's a company, call the BBB and talk to them about it. Also call Legal Aid and see what they say to do. I would also see if you can file a harassment suit, and I think that them flinging gravel at your DH and son would be considered assault.

mariesmama
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:07 AM

mine have blasted their music all night and purposely shined their porchlight in my 2 yr olds window it would come on when ever we were near the crib theyve also blasted their music and 1 night their music was on in their car till 6am they live across their driveway from us now they use snowshovels and bang on our house

Abee2202
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:27 AM
I HATE a hole neighbors. We've had a ton. Once the brother of our neighbour leaned over the deck rail and puked right at my door step at 2am. It was my only way in or out and we heard the whole darned thing too. We were just laying down to go to sleep.
We had one that did laundry and let their friends do laundry at all hours of the night. The door to the basement was right at our window and it made a racket when you opened it. Those same people sounded like they were wrestling every night at around midnight for three hours straight right above us. The chick told me when we moved on that she was pregnant and it was something she thought could never happen for her. Then I proceeded to see her drink Alchohol, smoke cigs and party all night and do god knows what else and get physically abused for her whole pregnancy. She had her child taken away for only a year immediately following the boys birth.
We once had neighbors with teens who slammed their door every chance they had which vibrated my whole apt.
Ugggg....I hate apt living.
One more....lol....our last neighbour was so nasty. She had a lung condition and yet the four months they lived here, all three of her kids where continuously sick with colds and flues because they never washed their hands and then spread their germs in the community hallway. In four months me and my husband were sick twice each and we rarely get sick...heck I work in customer service and I hadn't been sick in years. The kids would slam the door and in four months she had at least ten different men coming and going at all ours. She got her kids taken away from her too.
I could write a book about it.
Sorry you are going through this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:42 AM
I hate apartment living.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I don't blame ya....I know what you mean about people like that :/.  We had some neighbors like that in our past.  We moved out of the city so fast our heads were spinning.  We now live ina nice townhome so we don't have to deal with that anymoer :/

foistela
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Me too! So glad we have a house. Sorry you are having to deal with this, OP!

Quoting mypbandj:

I hate apartment living.

Owner of 

Admin of Fall 2008 babies

zolanmel
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Check into a noise ointment law in ur town.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)